+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: People Dropping By

Heck, even if our next door neighbors ended up with a piece of our mail they would know to call first before bringing it over to us.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

people just popping by never have bothered me. i guess i got used to it in college as people were always just popping by (probably b/c i wouldn't pay my phone bill so there was no other way to reach me.) now, there have been times it's bugged me, but i'm usually up for a drop in.

Originally posted by Zhora
    Heck, even if our next door neighbors ended up with a piece of our mail they would know to call first before bringing it over to us.
    That gives you time to tell the guards at the corner towers to stand down so you can open the main gate and let them through, right? Very sensible.

I don't care if people show up unannounced. I typically wear clothes all day so that's not an issue. And the house always looks like total crap because: a) three kids play there all day, and b) Mrs. P and I aren't going to win any prizes for neatness. I'd rather see my friends than worry about how my house looks. If they thought enough to come see me, I'm going to make 'em feel at home.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

jeez Paulie, you just made me feel like a b!tch
    Maybe I should adopt that philosophy
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Sorry, Cali! That wasn't my intent. I'm just really laid back about stuff like that. Now my friends probably drive off thinking, "Wow, Paulie lives like a pig. I'm never going to visit him again."
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I'll stick up for you Paulie

Though I don't really like people dropping by unannounced either...especially these days. In fact, it happened last week when I was feeling like hell and MR. BF wasn't home from work yet. It was pretty hard to come up with an explanation of why I looked like hell and 5 months pregnant.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Originally posted by BravoFan
    I'll stick up for you Paulie
    Thanks, Bravo! Now see you've seen the blast zone that is my house. There's really no keeping it clean while the kids are awake so why even try?

Great attitude Paulie! but you better remember to call before you come to my house That way we can bulldoze a seat for you to sit in while you visit.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    The only place I've ever dropped by is Paulie's house - because he and Mrs. Paulie told me to do so any time.

Of course, they live like pigs, and I'm never going to visit him again!

And congrats BF! I didn't know you were expecting. Or did you just look 5 months pregnant?

Originally posted by Wayner
    Of course, they live like pigs, and I'm never going to visit him again!
    I think he's kidding, but he hasn't shown up unannounced since that day. Hmmm...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast