+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: How many Canadians are there here?

Quote Originally Posted by touque
    "A place to live, a place to grow, Ontar-ee-ar-ee-ar-eee-oooo"

Did anyone watch Despatis win the silver today? Sure warmed up my corner of Ontario.
    Yep, definitely saw Despatie!

btw, I'm an Albertan.

I'm a Canadian, who lives right in the heart of downtown Vancouver, but right now, due to my father's sudden death I'm at a lake in Northern Manitoba, and it's freezing. It's like a cold January day in Vancouver rather than August. I packed light, as I was in such a hurry to catch the first plane here when I got the news, so am borrowing clothes. It's so quiet here, and so dark, I can see all the stars and the Northern Lights, and I think some of the domestic dogs are half wolves. It's going down below 0 celisius. The lake is beautiful and clear it's called Clearwater Lake, and you can drink the water very safely and see down 12 feet. But it's eerie at night, I'm staying here for a month as I don't want to leave my Mother alone,she goes to bed very early, but I have Satellite TV so and internet,even though it's dial up. I'm spending time in the day hunting for rare wild orchids that grow up here. The closest urban centre is Saskatoon, which is about an 8 to 9 hour drive away, and Saskatoon is very small too. I actually met another gay guy up here, he moved here from Vancouver, it's so bizarre, not sure why, but it turned out that he was a friend of my DAD's..........life really is stranger than fiction.

Where the H is MAtt64 ??????

Is he mid-move?
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Good question! I hope he didn't get lost. Maybe he hasn't got access to a computer yet.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Originally Posted by touque
    "A place to live, a place to grow, Ontar-ee-ar-ee-ar-eee-oooo"

Isn't that the song from the Marineland commercial????

If it isn't I now have that melody stuck in my head.

Yes, I saw the silver medal winner, Alex Despatie and the gold in cycling for Lori-Ann Meunzer
    Last edited by imajunkie2; 08-25-2004 at 02:33 AM.

So Sorry to hear that Lotus

My thoughts go out to you also Lotus. I apologize for not seeing your post earlier.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Lotuslander - just read your post. You have my deepest sympathies on your loss. I'm sure your mother is grateful you are there with her. It sounds like you will find serenity and peace in Clearwater Lake. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

OMG, Lotus...I am so, so sorry. I noticed you haven't been around. My sympathies to you and your family...and an extra {hug} for you being there to look after your mom. I'll echo ADK by saying I hope you find peace during your stay. We're all thinking about you.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fogey
    Oh lotuslander, I'm so sorry.
    And while none of us can take away your pain right now, I'm praying that you'll be comforted during this time of loss. All my thoughts and prayers for you and your mom...

+ Reply to Thread