+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 56 FirstFirst ... 394041424344454647484950515253545556 LastLast

Thread: How many Canadians are there here?

Re: How many Canadians are there here?

I got a kick scanning the crown to see how much Rider Green was in the stands. Can't beat those Rider fans!!!
    "I'm not a pessimist, I'm an optometrist" -Ricky, Trailer Park Boys

Omgosh. What a political mess we have! Dare I even say the words....... COALITION GOVERNMENT ?!

I can't imagine how those three politicians got into bed together but I do know why. And it's not for the good of the average Canadian joe. I don't care which party you like, but there's gotta be a vote on this three-headed monster. Democracy must prevail.

What are they thinking? If I voted for one of those parties during the last election, I would be angry and I would not vote for them again. By joining in a coalition like this, they are only demonstrating to me their lack of strength, solidarity, purpose, vision, and plan for the future as a party and as leaders.

The only thing these politicans now have in common is that they all lost the election twice, decided they still want to be King of the Hill, won't let any work get done, and are going to cause another big expenditure on taxpayer's dollar for yet another election.

Canada, which used to be looked upon as a politically stable country, is now being questioned by other nations and that is a huge risk. For every Canadian.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

My thoughts and wishes go out to everyone who is freezing in abnormal winter temperatures, snowfalls, and ice storms! Stay warm and stay safe!!

Gotta love -30+ weather.. without a windchill factored in! It's okay out today, but who knows how long that'll last.. also another sad thing when -20 is .. okay!

Yes, it's sad when one thinks that -20C weather is great! They closed the highway just after I made it into Calgary yesterday. I love taking the Red Arrow bus. It's so much safer out there with blowing snow and icy highways!

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;3254847;
    I love taking the Red Arrow bus. It's so much safer out there with blowing snow and icy highways!
    I'll bet the riders of these buses in Seattle would disagree with you.

Buses hang over I-5 after collision | Top Stories | KING5.com | News for Seattle, Washington
    SEATTLE – Two tour buses have collided and both are hanging over Interstate 5.

The accident happened near Denny Way in Seattle at about 12:30 p.m.

“We were going down the hill and the hill was very icy and the driver tried to turn and we ran into the other bus and it knocked it … into the guardrails and the windows in our bus just shattered,” said Nicole Maxie, a passenger on one of the buses.

“Everybody was just screaming, crying. Everybody had to climb out the emergency windows," Maxie said.

About 75 people were on both buses.

The Seattle Fire Department says 11 people were taken to the hospital with minor injuries. At least one person could be seen taken away on a stretcher.

Video from the scene shows one of the buses has its front tires hanging over the edge of a freeway wall several feet over I-5. The other bus is at an angle, but it appears only the front left bumper is hanging over the edge.

Two right lanes of northbound I-5 are shut down. Debris, including pieces of guardrail, is scattered into the right lane.

Maxie says the passengers were with Columbia Basin Job Corps, traveling from Moses Lake to Seattle to visit families. Most of those on board were between 15 and 24 years-old.

[QUOTE=Unklescott;3254922;]I'll bet the riders of these buses in Seattle would disagree with you. [QUOTE]

I saw that on tv! Luckily, the prairies are pretty flat and not many big overpasses to negotiate although the ice out on the highway is nasty! Glad that bus didn't actually go over the edge! :eeek

Well, we need to hope for a thaw - at least temporarily. My Dad's girlfriend has been visiting family in Canada and is supposed to fly out of Buffalo today at 4:00 pm. As of yesterday evening they were worried about her being snowed in and unable to get back for Christmas ... of course, HER family would be ecstatic if she had to stay!
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

It's too darn cold! I'm sorry, but I just don't see the need for this -40 business. Oh mothernature, let's fix this. Pronto.

I have my fingers crossed.. it is supposed to -17 here tomorrow I hope so as we are off to the in-laws tomorrow.

Again, how sad is it to cheer for that?? The only thing good about this weather is that it may help with the dreaded pine beetle.

+ Reply to Thread