+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 56 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: How many Canadians are there here?

Re: How many Canadians are there here?

I have bought some meats, but I don't buy pre-packaged. I kind of grilled the deli lady and she looked at me like a nut..."Do you think we would still be able to sell it?" You never know. I have been sending cold teriyaki chicken wings, and a lot of left over sliced up chicken breast, roast, etc. from meals. I have a 13 year old son though so he'll basically eat anything right now as he is growing about an inch a month . I have spread garden veg cream cheese on a flour tortilla, added various toppings including shaved carrots etc., rolled it up and he really likes those. And yes, in case you're wondering, he actually makes his own lunch most of the time.I just really like doing it since he is my last one. I know I'm bad.

I rarely buy packaged cold cuts. I usually get some from the deli, cut right there. I am not freaking out about Maple Leaf. I think they've done a great job in closing down the factory, finding out what happened, recalling food as quickly as possible and advising the public as soon as possible. In this world of food preparation, I'm almost amazed that there hasn't been an outbreak of this somewhere before.

I'll continue to buy and eat what I used to.

ETA: Sorry I forgot the "u" in Labour Day. I was tired from labouring too much
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I just decided to look up Stephen Harper on Wikipedia because I realized that I have no idea what his wife's name is (it's Laureen). I also do not know how many children he has, or what their names are. I was not aware that he is the first non-Catholic to be elected since Lester Pearson and the first Evangelican since Dieffenbaker. And why do I not know any of this stuff? Because absolutely none of it is relevant to his position as Prime Minister. One of the many reasons I like being a Canadian - I don't have to care about irrelevancies.

I do know Jack Layton's wife, but that's because I live in his home riding and she is a politician herself, and I have no idea what their religious affiliations are or what they like to have for dinner. The other leaders? No idea, don't care.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

CCL

And, yet, Harper has been couching himself in the image of a dutiful father in a sweatervest for this election campaign.
    The thing I like is that our elections don't go on for years and years. It seems that the American candidates have been running for President since the last presidential election finished.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3207628;
    And, yet, Harper has been couching himself in the image of a dutiful father in a sweatervest for this election campaign.
    Yeah, I know - that bugs me. I wish he'd knock it off.
    The thing I like is that our elections don't go on for years and years. It seems that the American candidates have been running for President since the last presidential election finished.
    And again, yeah I know. The election was called the first week of September (we happened to be in Ottawa when it was called), the vote is October 14. One and a half months of assorted extolling of virtues and slinging of mud - a reasonable length of time. Excellent .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I'm honestly at a loss as to who to vote for. I have never disliked ALL the candidates before.

Oh, and CCL, love your av. John Hodgman will always be my favourite Daily Show correspondent (well, maybe next to Lewis Black) although we don't see much of him there these days.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Me too AJ. I usually lean a little left of center but Stephane Dion has really underwhelmed me. Some of his ideas seem a bit off to me and hard to implement. The choices left are making me think hard. Do I vote for who is best for my riding or do I vote party? I usually vote party but I am waffling this year. In theory I support NDP policies but I have been the victim of their policies shutting down a whole industry and tanking the provincial economy. It makes me leery. They always seem to try to do too much too fast. I've been reading the MacLean's (while cycling at the gym ) and trying to get up to speed on the issues.

Speaking of the NDP...when are they going to drop the N? I think they should change their name to DP of C, or DPC for short. They are not so "New" anymore.

And, ya...I have no clue who to vote for either. Are any Rhinoceros candidates running?
    Last edited by Tribal Speak; 09-29-2008 at 11:17 PM.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3207638;

Oh, and CCL, love your av.
    Thanks.

Yeah, I don't like any of the candidates either. I really should pay more attention to the issues more so that I at least pick the best of the worst but I feel distinctly unmotivated.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

All I know for certain is that there will be no votes for Harper coming from our house.

Oh, who am I kidding? I'll be voting for Layton again. It wouldn't really matter if I voted for him or not, though, he will win this riding again. In all the years I've lived here I've seen thousands upon thousands of NDP signs in our riding, some Liberal signs, an increasing number of Green signs and one lonely Conservative sign. That's right - one Conservative sign. I read in the paper an election or two back that our riding is the most consistently left-voting in the country. Yes, we're a bunch of damn hippies .

+ Reply to Thread