+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 56 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: How many Canadians are there here?

FORT Fogey

Re: How many Canadians are there here?

My son is a stones throw from the CA border, near Deloraine. Tomorrow morning it is forcast for -20F wind chill -52F. CRAZY!!!

When it gets this cold Celsius and Farenheit become one and the same. Sigh. Too cold.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2774062;
    When it gets this cold Celsius and Farenheit become one and the same. Sigh. Too cold.
    Yes, TOO cold! Aboot a 80F difference between here and there. STAY WARM neighbors to the north!

(Hey ca-angel, My son was in Regina this last weekend. He said he brought back a dz Tim Hortens maple bars!)
    Last edited by PugMum; 01-29-2008 at 01:40 AM.

So, it will be -47 C with windchill tonight.
    That's -52.6F!!

Garbage collection, recycle collection, are delayed several days. Busses are all running quite late because of drifting snow, and stalled cars and accidents. I did not see a mailman anywhere and I don't blame them. You can't even walk through some of these drifts!

My neighbor's daughter couldn't get her car started and she goes to college. Her Dad drove her and they tried again to boost her car tonight. I think they got it going, but I don't know if it will be ok in the morning.

Be safe!! Cover your head and hands. Exposed skin is freezing in less than 90 seconds.

I know that many of you have classes and jobs, but I'm sure they'd rather you be alive than injured in a blizzard.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;2774096;
    (Hey ca-angel, My son was in Regina this last weekend. He said he brought back a dz Tim Hortens maple bars!)
    I haven't had any. But TH is known for making good food.
    What did he think about Regina?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2774849;
    I haven't had any. But TH is known for making good food.
    What did he think about Regina?
    Compared to where he is now it's a BIG CITY! They were up there to play hockey. The week before they were in Winnipeg.

Hehe. I think it's the perfect sized city. I am so biased though. I love Regina. When I'm done school, I'm definitely moving back and will most likely live their my entire life!!

I've never really had good experiences with Winnipeg (fondly referred to as Winterpeg). Hopefully he's been enjoying his little Canadian jaunts!

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;2774096;
    ...My son was in Regina this last weekend. He said he brought back a dz Tim Hortens maple bars!
    Maple Bars? We's got no maple bars here at Tim's! Are they danish, maybe?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2776929;
    Hehe. I think it's the perfect sized city. I am so biased though. I love Regina. When I'm done school, I'm definitely moving back and will most likely live their my entire life!!

I've never really had good experiences with Winnipeg (fondly referred to as Winterpeg). Hopefully he's been enjoying his little Canadian jaunts!
    He likes going almost anywhere that is away from school This last weekend was their last trip north for the rest of the year. The head to MN next week end and then NY at the end of Feb.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2776994;
    Maple Bars? We's got no maple bars here at Tim's! Are they danish, maybe?
    My bad He said he bought some Timbits and maple dips(?). He was just glad to get some "really good donuts". The ones in ND are horrid.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2774108;
    So, it will be -47 C with windchill tonight.
    That's -52.6F!!
    misskitty, you may (or may not) be happy to know that every snivel I hear about the -10 going on here right now gets a "it's -50 in Alberta" with a stop-complaining look. It seems to stop the complaining. At least in front of me.

Originally Posted by PugMum
    My bad He said he bought some Timbits and maple dips(?). He was just glad to get some "really good donuts". The ones in ND are horrid.
    I have to say that, IMO, Tim Hortons makes the best donuts ever. My personal favourite, and possibly the sweetest bit of foodstuff ever concocted, are the strawberry vanilla. My teeth are aching and my mouth is watering just thinking about them .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread