+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 56 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: How many Canadians are there here?

Re: How many Canadians are there here?

I have to bundle up good and go outside. Must shovel drifting snow at least once today. There will be too much by tonight.

Lucky kitties. Don't have to go out and do yardwork.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

The lady I rent from lives in a town house so as part of her fees, we get snow removal within 24 hours of a snowfall. They're predicting a blizzard tomorrow. I sure as heck am staying indoors! Then I'll be gone for class Tuesday when they come. So no shoveling for me. Mind you, when it's not bitterly cold, I actually really enjoy it.

I'd offer to do yours misskitty!

Last edited by misskitty; 05-12-2008 at 05:22 PM.

ACK!!! We're getting it tonight/tomorrow morning. Then we're hunkering down for SERIOUS cold. I didn't realize how cold till I just saw the news... -30 to -35 for lows without factoring in wind. I thought we were supposed to be over the brunt of this?! They're saying it should "warm up" to lows of -25ish by Friday. Nice warm up. I have to be out every day too but tomorrow. At least I won't be driving in the snowy madness. But still I've told everyone and anyone that I'm not looking forward to this week because it's going to be busy. Now I'm not looking forward to it because it's going to be busy and I'm going to freeze my touchas off!

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2772384;
    ACK!!! We're getting it tonight/tomorrow morning. Then we're hunkering down for SERIOUS cold. I didn't realize how cold till I just saw the news... -30 to -35 for lows without factoring in wind. I thought we were supposed to be over the brunt of this?! They're saying it should "warm up" to lows of -25ish by Friday. Nice warm up. I have to be out every day too but tomorrow. At least I won't be driving in the snowy madness. But still I've told everyone and anyone that I'm not looking forward to this week because it's going to be busy. Now I'm not looking forward to it because it's going to be busy and I'm going to freeze my touchas off!
    Actually, I was way off with the weather. It got down to -45 with the windchill factor! We're hovering around -30 to -35 tomorrow. Not as much wind. Whoopee.

Take care of those touchas!!

Now I'm feeling really whiny because I had to buy new gloves with a lot of cursing involved because it went down to -14 and my thumbs got really cold while cycling to work. Sorry, but you know how we are in Toronto .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2772994;
    Now I'm feeling really whiny because I had to buy new gloves with a lot of cursing involved because it went down to -14 and my thumbs got really cold while cycling to work. Sorry, but you know how we are in Toronto .
    I know that it's very humid over there which makes it feel colder too!
    We have a dry cold here.

Woke up and looked at the termometer outside. It's frozen at -34C. The shovelling I did was for naught. It's all blown over the sidewalks in drifts. Gotta put on some longjohns, get the lil old snowblower out, and help out the neighbors.

But I'm havng a warm cup of first!

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2773086;
    Woke up and looked at the termometer outside. It's frozen at -34C. The shovelling I did was for naught. It's all blown over the sidewalks in drifts. Gotta put on some longjohns, get the lil old snowblower out, and help out the neighbors.

But I'm havng a warm cup of first!
    I heard it would be -48 with wind chill in Alberta today--so stay warm MissKitty! It's coming our way tomorrow (today's pretty chilly too) so it should be a fun few days. The four foot snow drift in front of my door will have to stay until it un-colds a bit (I refuse to say "warms up" because after this we'll be happy with -20!!!)
    Don't let the small things sweat

Meowza! What a wicked day!
    The sun is shining so it's very deceiving.
    I went out this morning, got the little snowblower out and managed to do from the garage to the back door and deck. Then it died. Out of gas.

BTW: Note; remove all kitty leads from under the snow before winter. That way, they don't get all caught up in the snowblower when you run over them on a day like today. I had to almost cut the ropes to get the snowblower untangled.

Called my wonderful Dad who brought over more mixed gas and filled it up. Then I was able to do my front walk and that of my neighbors. They have a huge corner. I also had to shovel my veranda! That is very rare. But the wind and gusts were so bad, it was full of snow too!

Be safe and be warm. It's dangerous out there!

As part of the official advice they gave us on the news tonight. "Don't go out tomorrow". Well that's fine and dandy if you a)don't work and don't care if you keep your job; b)if you don't have class or don't care if you miss the rest of the week.

But for those of us who do have class every day for the rest of the week, not going out is just not an option. It's supposed to be -50C with the wind tonight and tomorrow morning. I will not be looking forward to crossing the parking lot at school.

+ Reply to Thread