+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 56 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: How many Canadians are there here?

Yeah, that was really awful about Gainer the Gopher! Poor little guy!
    I was a mascot once....they're sensitive animals.
    Attachment 18524

Who are you playing off against? Is it Montreal? I lost track once the Eskimos didn't even qualify
    Last edited by misskitty; 12-20-2006 at 02:10 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Montreal just won the East championship against Toronto. BC and Saskatchewan are playing right now, so whoever wins will play against Montreal in the Grey Cup next Sunday.
    "I'm not a pessimist, I'm an optometrist" -Ricky, Trailer Park Boys

Toronto lost? Dang. (I didn't even know we were playing ).
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Sorry to you all from Montreal, but I'll root for either Western Team that goes to the finals. Always have. Always will. I'm a redneck and darn proud of it!

Has anyone bought any of the new Canada Post Permanent Stamps? I just found out about them at the post office. Neat-o! Buy yours now before the price goes up in January!

Attachment 18799
    http://www.canadapost.ca/personal/co....asp?prid=1182
    Last edited by misskitty; 01-08-2007 at 10:50 PM.

Pig puts stamp of good fortune on new year

Attachment 19017

To usher in the new year of the Chinese zodiac, Canada Post on Friday trotted out its Year of the Pig stamp and souvenir sheet.

The stamps will bear the new postage rates, of 52 cents for domestic letters and $1.55 for international letters, that take effect on Jan. 15.

Canada Post's Year of the Pig stamp celebrates the Chinese zodiac.
    "The pig is the most generous and honourable sign of the zodiac, and it heralds a year of contentment, security and optimism," Canada Post said in a release.

The pig will rule the Chinese zodiac from Feb. 18 this year through Feb. 6, 2008.

People born in the Year of the Pig, (1911, 1923, 1935, 1947, 1959, 1971, 1983, 1995, 2007), are described as kind, trustworthy and dependable, with a love of luxurious things.

The stamps feature stylized, embossed pigs against pink and green backgrounds. Artists Kosta Tsetsekas and John Belisle of Vancouver's Signals Designs created the stamps.
    Last edited by misskitty; 02-05-2007 at 10:55 PM.

I don't understand why our stamp prices keep going up. It's so silly. By one cent, three, every other year it seems. It won't stop me from sending 'snail' mail, but I just don't understand the rational behind upping the price.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2196950;
    I don't understand why our stamp prices keep going up. It's so silly. By one cent, three, every other year it seems. It won't stop me from sending 'snail' mail, but I just don't understand the rational behind upping the price.
    I think it's because mail is labor intensive. To collect, sort, send, etc. Canada Post has to compete now with all the other courier services as well. They didn't used to have that kind of competition. So when you take into account labor wage increases every year and the huge price of paper and glue, it's bound to go up.

I don't get it either though, because the service really hasn't kept up, let alone gotten better.

CCL
    ^ The constant increase in stamp prices is annoying; they've been going up a penny each January for several years now. A lot of businesses still depend on mail, so it definitely is an issue for them, if not for private inviduals who can more easily rely on non-mail forms of communication. Anyhow, what's new this year is that Canada Post's domestic stamps are now considered "permanent" stamps and will no longer bear a price on them (ie. they won't say 52 but will instead have a "P" for permanent). Their permanent status means that a stamp bought this year can be used any time in the future, even ten years from now when stamps will probably be 62 cents (figuring they raise them a penny a year). Which is handy in that you won't have to worry about buying penny stamps. And Canada Post is apparently going to accept the old 51 cent stamps throughout 2007 (or so they say).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2197785;
    Anyhow, what's new this year is that Canada Post's domestic stamps are now considered "permanent" stamps and will no longer bear a price on them (ie. they won't say 52 but will instead have a "P" for permanent). Their permanent status means that a stamp bought this year can be used any time in the future, even ten years from now when stamps will probably be 62 cents (figuring they raise them a penny a year). Which is handy in that you won't have to worry about buying penny stamps. And Canada Post is apparently going to accept the old 51 cent stamps throughout 2007 (or so they say).
    But what about when the red ink signature gets rolled over it. That makes the stamps useless. (We already try to reuse when we can.) They can't have that going over the actual stamp anymore to make the "P" stamps effective. Oh, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I'd have no problem paying the extra if the service was upped everytime too. Though, I've never had a problem with packages being sent. Just receiving mail that aren't those nasty bills .

+ Reply to Thread