+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 56 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: How many Canadians are there here?

Reality Fanatic
    Glad to hear you'll be coming East! I'm from Nova Scotia. I know what you mean about Halifax and the pricing of houses. It has skyrocketed here over the last 2yrs.

I'm not very familiar with Saint John, when I go to NB, it's usually to Moncton. But I know Saint John is a great place and people who I know that have lived there, or still do, love it.

Can a non-Canadian stick his nose into this conversation? I have a friend who is originally from Nova Scotia, now living in Kansas (God knows why .) He and his wife load up their horses and dogs (Newfoundlands) every summer and spend a couple of months there. Every time they bring back photos, I get a big travel urge!

One of the oddities that they've told me is that Newfoundland (the province) has very few Newfoundland dogs. When they take their Newfs over there, the dogs draw a LOT of attention.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2128964;
    Can a non-Canadian stick his nose into this conversation?
    Certainly. Non-Canadians are always welcome here .

Mr. Rattus and I went to the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair today and I fell in love with another Canadian dog - the Nova Scotia duck-tolling retriever. He's a beautiful animal, not to mention responsive and placid in the face of being petted by three thousand Superdog audience members. He's a lovely colour, too. He made me hungry for something caramel.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

While I don't have any good Canadian dog stories (my cockapoo is a Canadian by default though!), I just wanted to be a little patriotic for a minute here. I love being a Canadian - I'm from Ontario. I've visited the east and west coasts and love seeing the beauty in all of our country. And it's true - we do have some of the nicest people around. Although every place has it's morons, I'm thrilled to be a Canadian and feel so proud and fortunate to live in this great country.

Alright, I'll hop off the soapbox now. Thanks!

Hi all my fellow Canadians, and all non-Canadians!

I'm pretty sure you can tell where i'm from by my "location". But in case, I'm living in middle Saskatchewan. Well, Regina's middle-ish? Since there wasn't a CFL football thread, I have to ask, anyone else excited by the playoffs?

There's playoffs?
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2136089;
    Hi all my fellow Canadians, and all non-Canadians!

I'm pretty sure you can tell where i'm from by my "location". But in case, I'm living in middle Saskatchewan. Well, Regina's middle-ish? Since there wasn't a CFL football thread, I have to ask, anyone else excited by the playoffs?
    YEAH, Go Riders Go!!!
    I am origianlly from Moose Jaw (lived in Regina about a year and Saskatoon for 2) now I live in Calgary. I wasn't really following football this year casue I don't care for the Stamps, but then I found out that the Riders actually have a chance this year.
    I'm carving my watermellon right now

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2136254;
    There's playoffs?
    There's football?

Kidding, of course. One of the guys with whom I went to high school spent some time in the CFL.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Green is the colour, football is the game!

At least they're allowing Gainer in the stadium this time!
    "I'm not a pessimist, I'm an optometrist" -Ricky, Trailer Park Boys

You know what they say, you can take the person out of "saskatchewan" but you can't take the Rider Fan out of them!

+ Reply to Thread