+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: How many Canadians are there here?

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    Oh yes, in western Canada we have aaaaalllll kinds of names for the Quebec Separtists.
    Lol.. I just moved to Toronto from Vancouver.. apparently my brain has been wiped by the airplane ride.. cuz I can't remember what they are anymore..

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    I learned something new yesterday: not all people living in Canada can be called Canadians. It's apparently offensive.
    'kay, NOW I get this. How 'bout this, Broadway, it's not offensive to call Canadians, "Canadians".
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    I learned something new yesterday: not all people living in Canada can be called Canadians. It's apparently offensive.

The only place I see this being possible is in Quebec (where I live unfortunately). I don't care what people say...for now...Quebec is still in Canada and they are Canadians whether they like it or not.

My friends used to work at the airport and some losers would argue their citizenship and actually write "Quebecois" on the form and then wondered why they wouldn't get on the plane without the correction.

unless you're a Leaf's fan
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    'kay, NOW I get this. How 'bout this, Broadway, it's not offensive to call Canadians, "Canadians".
    Ahhhhh... I'll have to remember the quotes next time, AJ.

For the rest of the above inquisitors, my comment was a reference to a post I made in a different thread where a fellow poster (who has canadian in her name, no less) got snitty with me for labeling her a Canadian when she was truly just an American living in Canada. Semantics.

I'm sure the quotes will help next time I make that gaffe. AJ, you're a gem!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Another Canuck signing in here.. from Windsor ON, and my first post after lurking around the board for a few months!

Quote Originally Posted by cdn1276
    Another Canuck signing in here.. from Windsor ON, and my first post after lurking around the board for a few months!
    cdn1276! I'm from Windsor also

I am from Canada to, near London Ontario. Lived in a small town most of my life but did live in Sudbury for a year.

Another Canadian here. Born and bred Albertan. Lived in England for 9 months, but otherwise always in Alberta. Currently living just south of Calgary although planning on moving in to the city ASAP (and getting the heck out of my parents' house).
    At this turning point in our relationship with Earth, we work for an evolution: from dominance to partnership; from fragmentation to connection; from insecurity, to interdependence. The David Suzuki Foundation

Quote Originally Posted by touque
    How about The Littlest Hobo? The Friendly Giant was one of my favourites.
    I have vague fond memories of a show I watched as a California kid called The Littlest Hobo where the hero was a dog "travelling around from town to town, sometimes I think I'll settle down....".

Are we talking about the same show???

+ Reply to Thread