+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who's going shopping the day after Thanksgiving?

Who's going shopping the day after Thanksgiving?

Just a little poll to see how many of you out there go shopping the day after Thanksgiving? And is it a tradition? Tell us. Do you go with a regular group of people? Are you an early riser, a bargain hunter? And how much of your actual shopping do you get done on that day?

Tell us your stories. What stores do you always go to? What stores do you avoid? Who has the best deals?

Or alternatively, do you avoid the stores like the plague on that day? Do crowds drive you insane?
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

I would rather have hot pokers shoved under my fingernails. I don't like to shop on 'normal' days. My MIL and Sister-in-law used to try to get me to go with them every year. They've finally seen the futility of their efforts and leave me to my hermit hole the day after Thanksgiving.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

My wife mentioned something about going to Walmart on Friday because they open real early and have some good sales. She's someone who usually hates shopping so I'm not sure if she was for real. Then agian she is a sucker for a good sale. I guess I'll find out on Friday

Other than that we usually avoid stores and roads near stores like the plauge on those days. I have a low enough tolerance for the dimwits (no offense to anyone here at the FORT - no dimwits here) usually milling about stores normally, let alone when there are herds of them.
    Last edited by FinallyHere; 11-26-2003 at 01:34 PM.
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

I couldn't agree more SG. Those people are ruthless. A friend of mine was told me about her experience one time. A woman actually grabbed something out of her hand as she was taking it off the shelf. They almost got into a fist fight right there in the store.

Nope I'd rather have bamboo shoots under my fingernails. I'm with you, I hate shopping normally.

We always put up the tree on that day anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    I would rather have hot pokers shoved under my fingernails.

My mother, sister and I don't regularly do the day-after-Thanksgiving shopping, although you never know; our town is small, there's only one mall, and you see tons of people you know. It can be very social. I personally love to shop, and I enjoy the bustle of lots of people shopping, but I hate the lines and the difficulty in finding a place to park. I'm a last-minute Christmas shopper anyway, so if I went I'd just buy things for me that I probably don't need (I'm a sucker for sales) and then my frugal mom and sister would get all judgmental on me.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Normally I don't go shopping the day after Thanksgiving, but unfortunately I have to go this year. I saw a beautiful skirt that I want to get for hubby's Christmas party on lunch today, but did not have time to try it on and won't be able to go tonight since I have to go straight to my second job and won't get out til 10:30 tonight. So I'll brave the crowds friday with my fingers crossed hoping they still have it.

My restaurant is located near a major shopping center/mall area. Friday morning is our busiest morning of the year (we're open 24 hours). We get a full house starting at 6 a.m. up to 11:00.Then we get a lttle break and get packed again until about 4:00. Of course everyone is grouchy from the crowds while shopping so it's a fun day for all of us since we all are working tomorrow too.

It's not Thanksgiving up here, but if it was I would definitely go.

Before we moved to Canada I always used to go out to the Boxing day sales in the UK and be up at 5am to go to the twice yearly sale at my favourite clothing store.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Unfortunately I have to work But when I do have the day off I don't usually go shopping. I did get up at 5 am last year to go to Wal Mart for a TV/VCR combo for my son's room. It was an experience, probably won't do that again!

Unklescott your restaurant isn't the Waffle House across from Polaris mall is it?

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    FH - I'll probably see your wife in WalMart (you're in Orange County, right?)!!!

Every year I say "this is the year I refuse to do it"

And every year I go.

I might venture to the Palisades Center Mall, which is the 2nd largest mall in the US - why? I don't know. Fear I'll miss something I guess

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast