+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Who's going shopping the day after Thanksgiving?

I went shopping some, mostly for new hair dryer, not gifts, but of course ended up getting a few missing ones. Luckily I have been about done before these sales.

What really bugged me was that I went to a strip mall, with Best Buy on one end, and Target the other. So, Best Buy is on the end where I am coming from, and of course I come in right there(dumb me, next time I choose the midentry...). People had parked their cars on both sides of the drives, not just parking spots, and it was nearly impossible to drive through it. What really ticked me off, is that if they would have driven 30-50 meters further down the parking lot, there would have been plenty of parking space for everyone and noone would have needed to block the road. Why can't people walk that 30-50 meters, why do they insist on being parked directly in front of the store they plan on going to? Why oh why...?
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

I ended up going to K-Mart yesterday to get my layaway out. My daughter spent Thanksgiving night at grandmas so it was a good time. I went at around 9:00 and it wasn't too bad...guess everyone was at Wal Mart.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

Wal-Mart pulled in $1.52 billion.......yesterday. http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...usa_holiday_dc
    Punks. Needless to say I didn't go shopping yesterday.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by John
    my wife REALLY wanted one of those steam-cleaners that Kohl's had on sale for $99 (from $200, and including an additional $20 in gift certificates), so I got up early and went and got it for her.
    What a good hubby you are!! mine would do just about anything for me too.

(marriage haters have no idea what they are missing)
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

We just got back from some more shopping today...

We went to K-Mart to take advantage of their 5 12-packs of Pepsi for $10 deal, got a bunch of stuff at Trade Secret, and got a shirt for my cousin at JC Penney. We also looked at a small diamond ring my wife wanted on sale at Sears, but as usual, it was quite different in person, and not what she wanted.

We're doing a LOT more spending for ourselves than we are on others. Is that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by John
    We're doing a LOT more spending for ourselves than we are on others. Is that bad?
    No! I remember one Christmas my best friend and I went shopping and we'd be like, "one for them, one for US...one for them...two for US." Everytime we'd end up buying something for ourselves, not being able to bypass such good deals, we'd say, "Merry Christmas to US."

And I did try and get that camera at Wal-mart, btw, and it was freakin' SOLD OUT! Rats!!! Ahh well, I'm not brimming with cashola anyway, so I might have to have one of the Flanders' "imagination" Christmases.

Btw, I went to the huge Mall of America last night, at about 8 p.m. Parking everywhere, no lines, it was smooth sailing. That's the trick, you have to go late! Everyone and their dog goes early. They're all tuckered out by the time the evening rolls around. Same thing with the restaurants, i.e. we had no trouble getting in during the dinner hour. Everyone goes out earlier. It was cool. :cool:
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Ok so I'm late getting back to this but it seems I should have told my mom to get more cameras!! Shaz what a bummer they were sold out on you My mom hit the booty apparently at a WalMart that didn't care how many she bought so she ended up bringing home FOUR of them for all the family that was in want. My friends better watch out for a couple of weeks cause I want to play with my new toy and I'm already getting over the self portrait and cat pics.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234