+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who's going shopping the day after Thanksgiving?

This sure caught mt eye!

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    Nope. I run the Tee Jaye's out on West Broad directly in front of Kohls & Circuit City.
    Ah, I was close

Got our butts kicked at the restaurant today. I'm directly in front of a Kohl's & Circuit City, about a block away from Media Play, Toys/Kids R Us, Hobby Lobby. H. H. Gregg (electronics/appliances), and a mall. Busiest day of the year, up about 20% over last year. Cold rain all morning ths morning and people standing outside waiting for the stores to open. Toys R Us opened 30 minutes early to let everyone in. The line to pay at Circuit City was wrapped 1 1/2 times around the inside of the building. Most of my customers seemed in a good mood. All I can say is: Glad it wasn't me and thank you very much for eating at my restaurant!

Let's hear some success stories. What did you buy? How much did you save? Was it worth it?

The only thing I wanted my mother scored nicely for me...the $99 digital camera at WalMart. I gotta just mention that I love my mommy!! She even thought about asking the sales person more about the camera and when she found out how little the memory card with it would hold she found another good deal and got a bigger one that was marked down from $70 to $23...GO MOM GO!!

libra, I just love my digital camera. It's nice to be able to shoot pictures to friends & family across the country. My sister in TN says she looks forward to her emails everyday 'cause she knows her baby brother will be sending her somethong.

We went to Barnes & Noble. Could have saved a lot (they were having a 40% off sale on some books), but unfortunately my mom was being cheap, as usual. But I did get some books for $5 each, a bargain compared to the usual prices.

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    I just went to Radio Shack today to buy batteries. Luckily, it wasn't too crowded.

That incident at the Toys R Us in Louisiana where this lady tried to cut into the store but got blocked by 2 women because there was a huge line of ppl waiting much longer than her made me go whoa!

My husband went out for a little while in the afternoon, he said it was busy but the lines were moving fast. He got some computer things and something for his Palm. (it's his birthday so I just told him to go buy something)
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Libra, you got one of the Kodak EasyShare cameras from Wal-Mart? I posted about that great deal in the Thanksgiving thread, but there was no way in hell I was going to Wal-Mart yesterday. No way.

I usually avoid stores like the plague after Thanksgiving, but my wife REALLY wanted one of those steam-cleaners that Kohl's had on sale for $99 (from $200, and including an additional $20 in gift certificates), so I got up early and went and got it for her.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast