+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nail Polish - Question for the ladies

BTW, if anyone has problems growing out their nails or would just like a good strengthener, try the Nailtiques line of nail products. They're a protein-based system. I recommended it to a girlfriend who has never been able to grow out her nails (they were thin and weak) and now she has got full-on glam hands! Every time I see her, she flashes her nails at me.

I use their formula for dry & brittle nails. My nails have no problem growing, and are pretty thick. Problem is, when they break, they either peel, or break down really low on the bed of the nail which HURTS! Nailtiques made my nails much more flexible.

Yay, I love girly threads!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Bingo!! You got me on that last one SFG!! I have horribly weak nails since I'm in and out of all sorts of water and chemicals and stuff at work and they tend to break way way down to nothing. Hopefully I can find that and it'll help some cause I'm sick of these boy hands that I have right now.

Glad I could help, Libra. You should really give it try, my friend thanks me every time I see her.

For your nails, I think you'll be wanting Nailtiques Formula #2.

Here's a link you might want to check out:
    http://shop.store.yahoo.com/sleekhai...ailtiques.html

And here's what it looks like, if you want to hunt it down at your local beauty supply:
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

There's some really good info here. I also have really weak nails, so I'll be checking out my local beauty supply store to see if I can find the Nailtique line. Thanks, SFG and everyone else for the nail tips.

I agree Wolf there is a lot of great ideas.

I think I've seen the Nailtiques line in CVS btw. I have quite a few friends that swear by it.
    Who shot who in the what now?

So the Seche Vite keeps your nails from yellowing? That's the main reason I don't wear nail polish.

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Karna, reddish color polish is more apt to make nails yellow than other colors...

SFG..God I love ya!! I thought I was the only person on the face of the earth to use Seche Vite...I love it!! I buy all my beauty stuff from Bliss.com and thats where I first heard of it... I love girly- girl things too..
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

Just FYI, I have heard that soaking your nails in lemon juice will help get the yellow out...
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

When my nails are weak the polish pops right off. I finally found out, besides water, what makes them weak. Antibacterial soap and other harsh soaps. When I got rid of all the antibacterial soap in my house, my nails went from a mess to nice again.

Another tip-Buff the base of your nails once a day with a chamois nail buffer. It will stimulate growth and makes them stronger. I also put vitamin E oil on them every night. On top and under the tip. Don't do this with acrylic.

Seche Vite

I tried it last week ( I got the top coat & the base coat). My polish lasted for 4 days, which may not sound like a lot, but for me, that's 4 days longer than normal! Usually, if I polish my nails in the evening, by the time I get out of the shower the next morning, I already have huge chips in it. Soooo...I am really happy with these results! Thank you SFG! I still need to try the nailtiques though!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast