+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 137 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172112 ... LastLast

Thread: Messed-up things found on the web

ok this is just sad. Scroll to the bottom - read the whole thing

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...344197996&rd=1
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    Duxxy! Perhaps you should PM that to Igotalife... although she'll probably have a heart attack. I wonder if that was a mass suicide, or do we have another serial killer in our midst??
    I think you have me confused with Amanda Fab-she's the Barbie head collector.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

who in the heck pulls heads off of 18 barbies?? and who the heck is willing to pay for them?? thats just weird
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

the same ones who will pay $30 for 30 rolls of TP?

selling barbie heads is just plain strange........... and
    to sell toilet paper on ebay..........how strange is that..........and the guy's logic and explanation was just weird to me......... just my 2 cents....
    Smile it makes people wonder what you are up to.

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    ok this is just sad. Scroll to the bottom - read the whole thing

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...344197996&rd=1
    You're right, it is sad. Who in the world would be so lazy that they would pay extra for toilet paper to be delivered to their door?
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar
    I was looking up vitamins on Ebay the other day and they were selling coupons for vitamins. Who the [modedit] goes to Ebay to buy $20 worth of coupons for vitamins???

Steroid-pumped-up-penny-pincher: I got a heck of a deal! I bought $600 worth of vitamins and with the coupons I got on Ebay I saved $5!
    Last edited by eny; 12-20-2004 at 10:16 PM.

You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Leo
    Premium Member
    With every new year, there are words or phrases that we'd all like to leave behind. Well, the folks at Lake Superior State University have compiled a yearly list since 1976. And here's the list for 2005:

http://www.lssu.edu/banished/current.php

BLUE STATES/RED STATES – Who’s who, anyway? “I remember when I was a kid and Georgia was purple,” says Peter Pietrangelo, Sault Ste. Marie, Mich. “A good map has more than two colors.”

FLIP FLOP/FLIP FLOPPER/FLIP FLOPPING – They belong at the beach, not in a political dialogue. “Republicans used it; Democrats used it back. Flip-flop back and forth it goes.” – Jeff Lewis, Ada, Mich.

BATTLEGROUND STATE – “During an election, every state is a battleground.” -- Austin White, West Hartford, Conn.
    “Did it mean Bush and Kerry would go toe-to-toe?” – Evan Cornell, Ligonier, Penn.

“… AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE” – Received the most nominations of the words and phrases that came out of the presidential election. From political ads to auto parts…
    “What started in political ads is spiraling out of control.” – Jim Blashill, Sault Ste. Marie, Mich.
    “I’ve heard three local car commercials where the morons use that phrase!” – John Venezia, Colorado Springs, Colo. –“Would a political candidate approve a message they did not agree with?” – John Gorsline, Albuquerque, NM. “I’m Kristina and I approve this nomination.” – Kristina, Granite City, Ill.

POCKETS OF RESISTANCE – “Are we talking about someone not buying a round of drinks or people shooting at each other?” – Rob of Crawley, West Sussex, UK.
    “Sounds like someone having trouble pulling their hands out of their pants pockets.” – Joe Hutley, Las Vegas, NV.

IMPROVISED EXPLOSIVE DEVICE – As opposed to what used to be referred to as a bomb or mine. “Is this anything like a bomb or is it more (or less) sinister?” – Harold Blackwood, Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario.

ENEMY COMBATANT – “Makes no sense. Do we have friendly combatants? Neutral combatants? Or how about enemy bystanders? If they are your enemy, just say so.” – Bill Sellers, Hampton, Va.

CARBS – low carbs, high carbs, no carbs, carb-friendly… Meant ‘carburetor’ in a previous life. Needs to be purged from our system.
    “You’re not fat because you eat bread; you’re fat because you eat too much!” – Emily Price, Norfolk, Va.
    “What’s the point of low-carb beer? A person that concerned about ‘carbs’ shouldn’t even be drinking beer.” Roger Briskey, Orlando, Fla.

YOU’RE FIRED! – “…and the little hand movement, too!” – Jason Ranville, State College, Penn.
    One nominator suggested that to say it would soon constitute a trademark infringement.

ÜBER – Nominated by many over the past few years, including Paul Freedman, Sault Ste. Marie, Mich. “Since when has this become a prefix for everything? That’s über-rific!” – Lolina, Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario.
    “…Everything that is big, amazing, unique is described as über.” – Sue, Colorado Springs, Co.

‘IZZLE’ – SPEAK – By far, the abomination that received the most nominations. Some sort of ‘Rap-Latin’ suffix, as in fa’shizzle, which means ‘for sure.’
    “It was clever for about five minutes, or should I say five ‘minizzles?’” – R. Glover, Waterford, Mich.
    Derek Hogan of Misssissauga, Ontario, said it was cool when a rapper came up with it a few years ago, but now it’s over-used and is even being used in television commercials.
    “Like Superbowl excesses, it is too much of too much,” – Daniel Baisden, Savannah, Ga.

WARDROBE MALFUNCTION – “Janet Jackson’s bodice did not ‘malfunction,’” says John Wetterholt, Woodstock, Ill. “Justin Timberlake pulled too much and too far and I could hear the cogs turning in his publicist’s head trying to come up with that excuse!”
    “It wasn’t the wardrobe’s fault!” – Jane Starr, Edmonton, Alberta
    “Sure to be this generation’s Watergate, misapplied to all situations both imaginable and not so.” – David Edgar, Sydney, Australia

BLOG – and its variations, including blogger, blogged, blogging, blogosphere. Many who nominated it were unsure of the meaning. Sounds like something your mother would slap you for saying.
    “Sounds like a Viking’s drink that’s better than grog, or a technique to kill a frog.” Teri Vaughn, Anaheim, Calif.
    “Maybe it’s something that would be stuck in my toilet.” – Adrian Whittaker, Dundalk, Ontario. “I think the words ‘journal’ and ‘diary’ need to come back.” – T. J. Allen, Shreveport, La.

WEBINAR – for ‘seminar on the web.’ “It’s silly. Next we’ll have a Dutch ‘dunch’ … bring your own lunch for a digital lunch meeting.” – Karen Nolan, Charlotte, NC.

ZERO PERCENT APR FINANCING – sending a dollar to do a nickel’s worth of work. Michael Hehn, Ferrysburg, Mich. “They could just say ‘no interest.’

SAFE AND EFFECTIVE – “Try the new, clinically proven, safe and effective wonder drug you never knew you needed…Safe and effective should not be a selling point, it should be an FDA requirement!” CW Estes, Roanoke Texas.

ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION – Do we need to hear about it daily on TV and radio, even on racecars? Firmly rejected by the committee. “Too much information!” Carolyn Jamsa, Chillicothe, Ill.

JOURNEY – “Every single person on every reality show comments on how amazing the ‘journey’ was. Since when does dating a dozen nerds over a six-week span or conniving to win a million dollars over 15 other people qualify as a ‘journey’”? – Cindy, Victoria, British Columbia.

BODY WASH – “Also known as ‘soap.’” -- Ray Hill, Jackson, Mich.

SALE EVENT – “Year-end sales are now ‘sales events.’ Now most have shortened it to ‘event.’ Does the sale exist any longer? ‘Hey, nice new Chevy, Bob!’ ‘Thanks, it was on event at the dealer last week.’” – Allan Dregseth, Fargo, ND.

ALL NEW – referring to television shows… “Of course it’s all new. Why can’t they just say ‘new’? There are no partially-new episodes, no repeat of last Tuesday’s episode with a slightly reworked Act 2.” – Greg Ellis, Bellevue, Wash.

AND MORE! – The merchants way of giving you something “value added.” “Every merchant offers carpets, flooring and more. Can we envision baskets, caskets and more? Need I say less?” – Ray of Willard, Ohio.
    “Goods and services no longer have limits! Everything marketed can be something else! ‘It’s a hamburger meal, but it’s much, much more…It’s a time machine, too!” – Mark of Kanata, Ontario.

‘IZZLE’ – SPEAK – By far, the abomination that received the most nominations. Some sort of ‘Rap-Latin’ suffix, as in fa’shizzle, which means ‘for sure.’
    “It was clever for about five minutes, or should I say five ‘minizzles?’” – R. Glover, Waterford, Mich.
    Derek Hogan of Misssissauga, Ontario, said it was cool when a rapper came up with it a few years ago, but now it’s over-used and is even being used in television commercials.
    “Like Superbowl excesses, it is too much of too much,” – Daniel Baisden, Savannah, Ga
    This was the worst! I seriously get chills up my spine whenever I hear (or see) someone say this crap.

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 03-28-2007, 10:54 PM