+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: People ignoring you?

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!!

Iím gonna do a big to the 81 posters above me, and just do a yo!!! to jiffybear, lucy, stargazer, JDheninger, chirospasm, senrik, Chees Whiz, Rab, Modesty, nlmcp, John, haejin, Miss F, Survivorgirl, libra, Colby_d, Shakenbake, Wolf, nausicaa, sher, maveno, hepcat, Zhora, maleady33, Snowflakegirl, brusch, melpepinla, Cryssa, Ilikai, and pinkieparrot!

And yo! to all the other great FORT people!

*pfwewÖwipes brow, puffing in and out* I would have any one of you at a dinner party!

So jiffybear, this post is a perfect example of what happens. Example, I am way too freakiní late to this thread. For the most part, most of the activity in this thread has come and gone, i.e. Elvis has left the building. Iíve read this thread a bunch of times, and for one reason or another, whenever Iíve been about to reply, either A. someone beats me (not literally of course, but you knowÖ) and posts what I was thinking and/or B. I end up having to log out for whatever reason and when I come back, itís grown by leaps and bounds and the thing I was going to say is rendered obsolete. Itís the same thing in the different show forums, and as Nancy said way back at the beginning of this thread, I donít add a so as not to clog the boards with my useless posts (well not clog them more than I already do with my useless posts. )

But just so that YOU know and all the other great FORTers know, new or not, that people see you and read what you say, even if they donít always comment! Iím luviní you and ALL the FORT people, or I wouldnít be here so dang much! Iím constantly reading all the FORT peopleís wonderful posts and I marvel at the wit in them, and the interesting insights about the various shows and even general topics like their favorite condiments. Itís all good. Youíre all good. Everyone is cool. :cool: All your posts are valued and interesting, so if someone misses you from time to time, donít feel bad! Iím happy youíre all here and making the FORT a great place to visit (and/or be addicted to, take yer pick.)

See..Iím like a twitchy bear cubÖall over these boards with no real focus, and then I spontaneously post whenever I somehow get the urge to make an a$$ out of myself. Just be glad when I donít pull ya down with me!

Oh, and I'm not here to see five people, I'm here to see ALL of you and your wonderful insights. So just remember that if people were only interested in reading and chatting with just a few members, they wouldn't even be logged in or viewing the site! You're all valued, comments or no comments. I want to read it all, as does everyone else here!

But, People of FORT, you are seen. Youíre valued. Iím going quote the beloved FORTer Shayla with something she said long ago and say, ďPeople of FORT, how YOU doing?Ē (I always loved that, and see I never commented on it way back when. So we see you! Donít forget!)
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    You are such a Sweetie-Pie, Shaz. We sure do love you
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy
    You are such a Sweetie-Pie, Shaz. We sure do love you
    You gotta love the Shaz. So well-spoken along with a great sense of humor. And Jewels - don't sell yourself short. You are a pleasure to associate with. Thanks to both of you.

And of course, everyone here is so smart and funny, I've never seen a group of such smart folks in one place. But, instead of yammering on like I usually do, I'll just give Shazzer a big old

Aw, I'm one of those FoRT-ers who lurks much more often than I post! I hope that no one has experienced being ignored by me. To echo Shazzer, you are all more seen than you know.

Welcome to the FoRT, jiffybear and shakenbake.

It was a warming feeling to read this thread and see Shazzer's post.

Zhora, that was a lovely and genuine post. You will always be on my "dinner party" list.

I asked this question in a thread, but was ignored :mad: I cannot make a paragraph when I post. I simply cannot figure it out, all my words run together I feel like an idiot. Help Please I didn't know where else to ask this question. (if it's in the worng thread sorry)

Quote Originally Posted by Noreen
    I asked this question in a thread, but was ignored :mad: I cannot make a paragraph when I post. I simply cannot figure it out, all my words run together I feel like an idiot. Help Please I didn't know where else to ask this question. (if it's in the worng thread sorry)
    When you get to the end of a sentence and want to start a new paragraph, just hit the enter key.
    You will then drop down a line and be able to start a new paragraph.

If you want to leave a line between, press enter twice.

Thank you ,

very very much

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzer
    So jiffybear, this post is a perfect example of what happens. Example, I am way too freakiní late to this thread. For the most part, most of the activity in this thread has come and gone, i.e. Elvis has left the building.
    Elvis has left the building! There have been many times that I'm so late reading a thread that I just don't reply to it because it's buried so back behind. But since Shazzer has resurrected this thread, I'm going to reply to Zhora here.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhora
    I remember a thread that got started when The FORT was in it's infancy that had people list other posters they would invite to a dinner party, (or something like that). It was basically a popularity contest. I've never been one to place too much importance on who likes me or who doesn't. Since I don't really care about being popular here, (or anywhere else for that matter), I was surprised at how much I wanted to jump through my monitor and give Wolf a hug when she included me at her dinner party. No one else had. I know that I can be an acquired taste, and that I'm not one of the more prolific mods here, but I know it would have felt great to have seen my name a couple more times. I wouldn't go so far as to say that my feelings were hurt for not being included on more guest lists, but it did make an impression on me. I'm sure that is why I still remember it.
    Awwww..You don't know how good it makes me feel that my post touched you that way. I do believe this "Dinner Thread" , however, was something that was posted at the Other Site we came from. I don't know why I decided to reply to it, but I'm not sorry that I did. Like you, I don't really care about being popular, and I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Since I was a message board virgin at that other site, I didn't even what mods were or what they did. Much less that you were one, so popularity had nothing to do why I included you on my list. You were very sweet and friendly, not only to me, but to many of the new members that joined in on the CM forum.

This is how silly I was, but I thought anyone could set their names in bold letters by ways of special features offered by the site. It wasn't until later on that I realized what mods were and who they were.

Anyway, there will always be an open invitation for you, Z.
    Everyone is also invited, but give me a chance to win the lotto so that I can accomdate ya'll.

Thank you Jewelsy, JD, Shayla, and Wolf!

And Noreen...hello! I hope Unklescott answered your question. (hello Unk! )

Just wanted to say, Wolf, that I thought the same thing about mods and name colors when I first started at the FORT. Although the mods weren't "colorized" then I don't think, i.e. I remember one day it changing and thinking, "hey...cool! How do I make my name a funky color?" (And sweet sentiments about Zhora! ) Zhora! I'd have you at a dinner party!
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789