+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: People ignoring you?

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    He didnt ignore me when he PMd me to complain about my signature and I got over 350 posts yesterday or the day before!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp
    I think part of it is, people read far more then they comment. (or at least I do) If all I have to say to a post is "wow I agree", I often don't post. Because I feel like I have added nothing to that thread. Or there are times I read something and just have nothing to say period
    That's me exactly...good grief you'd never realize I've been around here for over a year just looking at my post count. Heck if I hadn't paid John for a premium membership he'd probably still be ignoring me

I ALWAYS feel ignored! No one here ever talks to me . . . I'm off to cry now

Wait, why do I care whether you guys like me? Screw you guys, I'm going home :fyou

Quote Originally Posted by JDHeninger
    woo hoo - won't be long now and John will notice me. posting, posting.....

(like I haven't caused enough trouble already....)

eventually I will pay attention too
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by senrik
    eventually I will pay attention too

Sen, you've never noticed before, why start now?

Premium Member
    Don't feel bad JiffyBear- My posts are either ignored or completely picked to shreds. I don't know which is worse. And sometimes others can come along and say the same thing I said earlier and people will respond to other person's post instead. Know what I say? OH WELL. I just realized I don't fit in well here. So I just check in for Bill's Survivor writeups and other Survivor news and keep my comments to myself. Hope it's better for you here now!

Quote Originally Posted by Shakenbake
    Don't feel bad JiffyBear- My posts are either ignored or completely picked to shreds. I don't know which is worse. And sometimes others can come along and say the same thing I said earlier and people will respond to other person's post instead. Know what I say? OH WELL. I just realized I don't fit in well here. So I just check in for Bill's Survivor writeups and other Survivor news and keep my comments to myself. Hope it's better for you here now!
    FWIW to FORT.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by senrik
    FWIW to FORT.
    Awww... gee, thanks! I finally got a welcome! You made my night!

Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp
    I think part of it is, people read far more then they comment. (or at least I do) If all I have to say to a post is "wow I agree", I often don't post. Because I feel like I have added nothing to that thread. Or there are times I read something and just have nothing to say period (either I don't know any answer to give or never thought about what is being discussed, or in the case of the toilet water thread found the topic so disturbing I had to go take a shower and spray my bathroom with disinfectant)

It's especially hard for those people that are not online that much to catch up on the reading, and by the time you read a thread, everyone has already said what you wanted to say. At least, that's the case for me.

Also, keep in mind that a lot of people come here primarily to talk about Reality Shows, and might not have time to be very social in the General threads.

BTW, Welcome Jiffy!

Quote Originally Posted by Shakenbake
    Awww....Shakenbake. Here's a kiss fer ya.

The best way to make people pay attention, IMO, is to start your own thread. Preferably on an incendiary topic.

And if you're posting on the Survivor forum...well, I can tell ya that "picking apart" people's posts is the way of life over there. So don't feel too bad.

ETA: Oh, and another way to make people pay attention to ya is to copy Stargazer. She is the apotheosis of the post whore. PM her for instructions and guidance.
    Last edited by nausicaa; 11-23-2003 at 02:25 PM.

+ Reply to Thread