+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 90

Thread: People ignoring you?

  1. #11
    Rab
    Rab is offline
    Brave Little Toaster Rab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    970
    Quote Originally Posted by JiffyBear
    Do you ever feel as though people are, I don't know, ignoring you???? Hmmm...I somewhat feel that way here.
    You should check my AIM buddy list. A little less than 1/4 of the s/ns I have are blocked. They deserved it for spamming me with useless IMs like "hey" and "yo". If you want to talk to me on AIM say more than one word lol. Anyways hi Jiffy Bear!

    (lol the moral of the story: I only ignore certain people)

  2. #12
    Princess
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Wonderland
    Posts
    2,777
    JiffyBear, I know what you mean. It's something I've noticed for a very long time. People post in a thread without commenting at all about what anyone has posted, even though there are some quite interesting or funny comments posted. Especially true in certain threads (take "Old Self/Young Self", as a late example). I don't know why that is, but I tend to stay out of those threads these days unless I want to comment on something someone has posted - I think it's fun to interact, not just post.

    Another thing that happens often is that if you are posting in a very active thread (like comments on a show), your post gets buried in all other posts because people post at the same time.

    So, don't take it personal. There are threads that are more social, and there are those that aren't social at all.

  3. #13
    FORT Regular JiffyBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by Modesty
    JiffyBear, I know what you mean. It's something I've noticed for a very long time. People post in a thread without commenting at all about what anyone has posted, even though there are some quite interesting or funny comments posted. Especially true in certain threads (take "Old Self/Young Self", as a late example). I don't know why that is, but I tend to stay out of those threads these days unless I want to comment on something someone has posted - I think it's fun to interact, not just post.

    Another thing that happens often is that if you are posting in a very active thread (like comments on a show), your post gets buried in all other posts because people post at the same time.

    So, don't take it personal. There are threads that are more social, and there are those that aren't social at all.
    Yes, you are right Modesty. I think I was just feeling a little down in the dumps. :santawink
    Btw, this place has great smilies!!

  4. #14
    An innocent bystander nlmcp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The mitten state
    Posts
    3,402
    I think part of it is, people read far more then they comment. (or at least I do) If all I have to say to a post is "wow I agree", I often don't post. Because I feel like I have added nothing to that thread. Or there are times I read something and just have nothing to say period (either I don't know any answer to give or never thought about what is being discussed, or in the case of the toilet water thread found the topic so disturbing I had to go take a shower and spray my bathroom with disinfectant)

    But look at it this way Jiffy, 93 people have looked at the thread you started. So, you at least know you aren't getting ignored.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

  5. #15
    Princess
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Wonderland
    Posts
    2,777
    or in the case of the toilet water thread found the topic so disturbing I had to go take a shower and spray my bathroom with disinfectant
    Nancy! That's how I felt about that thread too! (And I don't mind saying that I agree )

    Yup, there are some nice smilies here, JB .

  6. #16
    The race is back! John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    On the mat
    Age
    43
    Posts
    40,432
    I make it a policy to ignore anyone with less than 350 posts.

  7. #17
    Ready? haejin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,924
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    I make it a policy to ignore anyone with less than 350 posts.


    This reminds me of my newbie days. But I never gave up on posting, and see where I am now!

  8. #18
    Evil Slash Crazy Miss Filangi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Looking for a place to happen
    Age
    40
    Posts
    11,376
    I think Modesty and Nlm made good points.

    I think everyone feels like they are being ignored sometimes, but that's not the case. More people read threads than post - so your posts are being read, even if not everyone replies to you directly.

    Jiffy - for what it's worth, I thought of Jeff Probst the first time I saw your screenname and have associated you with him since.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.


  9. #19
    Princess
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Wonderland
    Posts
    2,777
    jinxed

  10. #20
    FORT Regular JiffyBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    I think Modesty and Nlm made good points.

    I think everyone feels like they are being ignored sometimes, but that's not the case. More people read threads than post - so your posts are being read, even if not everyone replies to you directly.

    Jiffy - for what it's worth, I thought of Jeff Probst the first time I saw your screenname and have associated you with him since.
    NOOOO! I'm female!
    Anyway, I am sorry for posting this thread. I feel foolish now.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.