+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Favorite sandwich(es)

That's funny, Survivorgirl, because I like BLT's, but with "A"--for avocado! Yum! :eat
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I make a great turkey bacon club with turkey, ham, bacon, provolone, lettuce, tomato and mayo on Pepperidge farm Farmhouse sourdough bread

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    That's funny, Survivorgirl, because I like BLT's, but with "A"--for avocado! Yum! :eat
    Would that be a BLAT?
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

i like grilled cheese sandwiches, pb&js and jason's deli's chicken salad on croissant. ooh! i also love the philly cheesesteaks at texadelphia and subway club

I dont know if this is considered a sandwich but..
    I LOVE a greek salad in a warm pita. its awesome! feta, black olives, orgeano, (I don't like tomatoes but they fit in well too) and red onion with romaine lettuce hearts. YUM!
    If I had to choose a meat sandwich I'd say
    Lean, welldone roast beef with grilled onions and sweet peppers, smothered in jack cheese and served with spicey brown mustard. Ok now I'm getting hungry again
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    I dont know if this is considered a sandwich but..
    I LOVE a greek salad in a warm pita. its awesome! feta, black olives, orgeano, (I don't like tomatoes but they fit in well too) and red onion with romaine lettuce hearts. YUM!
    If I had to choose a meat sandwich I'd say
    Lean, welldone roast beef with grilled onions and sweet peppers, smothered in jack cheese and served with spicey brown mustard. Ok now I'm getting hungry again
    I love those.

I also like Gyros (which you can seemingly find on any street corner in NYC). as well as falaffell (I consider all of these sandwiches, despite being on Pita).
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

One that I haven't been able to find since leaving Buffalo is a Beef on Weck. Nobody outside of the Western New York area seems to know what "weck" is. (For the record, it's a Kaiser roll with rock salt and caraway seeds, real name "kimmelweck". And it's awesome.)

Next time I go home to visit, I'm stocking up.

Quote Originally Posted by tracylee
    Would that be a BLAT?
    At the restaurant I manage, when someone adds an egg to a BLT, we call it a "BELT".

Does anyone associate a sandwich with a particular experience? Hmmm...perhaps just me...but it seems that whenever I make the following sandwich, the movie, "Midnight Run" appears on cable. Hmm......(another version of "if you build it, they will come...")

Crusty french baguette
    mayo
    thinly sliced tomatoes
    roast beef slices (not too rare, I'm weird, I don't like it that way)
    cheddar cheese thinly sliced
    salt and pepper

Yum. Or at least to me. I haven't had one for a long time...and to think of it, I haven't seen Midnight Run in a long time...hmm...maybe I should make one this weekend.

And Naus, I've said this to you before, but I LOVE Bahn mi! Anyone travelling to Minnesota must go to Saigon on University Avenue for their $1.50 sandwiches. I love the ones with the pate'!

And SFG, love a good Monte Cristo! The best here are at any Key's Cafe, where it's served with their homemade raspberry jam. Prepare to see Shazzer in a booth drooling....
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaG
    One that I haven't been able to find since leaving Buffalo is a Beef on Weck. Nobody outside of the Western New York area seems to know what "weck" is. (For the record, it's a Kaiser roll with rock salt and caraway seeds, real name "kimmelweck". And it's awesome.)

Next time I go home to visit, I'm stocking up.

Got that right Amanda, I live in NY (Hudson Valley) and I never heard of it. Sounds good, though.
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

+ Reply to Thread