+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite sandwich(es)

Quote Originally Posted by chirospasm
    I seriously eat a grilled chicken sandwich almost everywhere I go (boring, I know. I also like vanilla ice cream). I just love grilled chicken. Especially cajun-style at Longhorn's
    Good taste Chiro

This thread is making me so... hungry

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    Could be. I don't know what "dace" is.
    dace is a japanese version of a sardine. packed in black beans and very oily. you can find it in the asian food stores.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Quote Originally Posted by senrik
    a few more:
    x salad sandwiches without mayo (I hate mayo)
    thats to say... chicken salad (without mayo)
    tuna salad (without mayo)
    etc.

I also like ham and stilson...
    I didn't know you could MAKE chicken or tuna salad w/o mayo...
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    I didn't know you could MAKE chicken or tuna salad w/o mayo...
    it can be done.... easily. mayo is only traditional in American style sandwiches.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

*shiver* No!! No sandwiches!! Ok so very rarely atleast...something about eating what you produce all day just normally doesn't work for me, by the time I make 60-100 at lunch time that's the last thing I want to see typically.

My favorites when the mood does strike though...
    ~nice overstuffed Ruben very easy on the sauerkraut and extra dressing
    ~very rare roast beef on crusty Italian/French bread with horseradish/mayo/tomato/provolone/onion
    ~avocado/cucumber (but only from Nature's Table in the mall)
    ~a funky turkey wrap that my assistant at work makes, he calls it the Larry South Beach Special and it has smoked turkey/bacon/provolone with tomato/1000 Island dressing/sprouts/avocado and a dash of garlic cream cheese on the wrap itself

The Truth Is Out There ixcrisxi's Avatar
    Mmm... Mustard and ham? I love mustard on most of the sandwiches I eat. Although, I guess I'm happy with most everything I eat as long as it is food and it is edible. Yum yum yum! for , too!
    MULDER: It's still there, Scully. 200,000 years down in the ice.

SCULLY:
    Leave it there.

Quote Originally Posted by ixcrisxi
    Mmm... Mustard and ham? I love mustard on most of the sandwiches I eat. Although, I guess I'm happy with most everything I eat as long as it is food and it is edible. Yum yum yum! for , too!
    mmm I love mustard.
    yellow, dijon, honey mustard, mustard greens, mustard seed, you name it, i like it.

FORT Fogey
    Well..... I just get Salami and Cheddar Cheese at Togos with no produce or mayo. And my mom makes me salami and butter sandwiches on sourdough bread. See I would get other types of sandwiches, but I cant STAND tomatoes and everywhere I go, they seem to pile them on! I'll eat ham or roast beef or turkey, but with tomatoes... !!!

Quote Originally Posted by senrik
    dace is a japanese version of a sardine. packed in black beans and very oily. you can find it in the asian food stores.
    Dammit, senrik - fried dace with black beans is Chinese. Chinese. Fried dace with natto (ew!) - now that would be Japanese.

And the Vietnamese po'boy you're talking about is a banh mi, I believe. So good, and cheep too! Although I've never head them with japapenos, only serranos. :dontknow:

I've never used mayo as a condiment, except in aioli and tartar sauce. Hmm...fish sandwiches with tartar sauce...yum.

And Lucy, I don't make tuna salads with mayo, neither. Just makes the tuna soggy and masks its taste, IMO. I usually make a bastardized/cooked version of Tuna Ceviche: therefore, Italian tuna (i.e. packed in olive oil, not water), tossed straight with freshly-chopped basil, diced tomatoes, chopped chilis, minced shallots and scallions, lime juice, and freshly-ground pepper and sea salt to taste. Vury nass.

Corned beef or pastrami on rye with mustard would definitely be my favorites. I like fried-egg sandwiches too, with cheese and mayo. (because I'm lazy and they're easy to make)
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

+ Reply to Thread