+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Favorite sandwich(es)

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    For just cheapo sandwiches, I like Subway's veggie delite subs on French bread with extra oil and vinegar. But I love sandwiches with tons of veggies and things on them--like a turkey sandwich with Dijon mustard, cheddar cheese, lettuce, a slice of onion, some sprouts, a couple tomato slices, some bell pepper slices...you get the idea! YUMMY!!!

One of my favorites is a classic reuben sandwich..
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    I feel like we're all "Joey" from the show "Friends" (he did love his sandwiches!)...

I am known for my sandwiches in my family lol My dad says it's because I just know the right amount of mayonaise to put on the bread. My favorites include:
    -Turky, havarti, tomatoes, and lettuce
    -tuna salad w/celery and sweet relish with lettuce on toast
    -chicken salad w/celery, onions, sliced black olives
    -cream cheese and cucumber
    -cream cheese, cucumber, sprouts, turkey on a bagel
    -hot ham and melted cheese, a little mustard, mayo, lettuce and cucumber chips on toast

But honestly, if you stick anything inbetween two slices of white bread with Best Food mayo, i'd probably eat it. Unless it's pink meat (like pastrami and most roast beef). Pink meat smells funny, and I tend to avoid it. Also, you cannot get me to eat liverswurst. My dad likes liverswurst with cheese and onion sammiches sometimes. I make them and my hands smell like liverswurst even AFTER I was them!
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Our traditional Thanksgiving Leftovers Sandwich
    Grilled Italian roll--cream cheese, cranberry sauce, warm turkey, warm turkey dressing..yum

Turkey salad sandwich--chunks turkey, dried cranberries, chopped pecans, chopped green onions, chopped celery, mayo--on bread or sour dough

Philippes Sandwich shop in down town L.A Allameda St (in China Town)..... French Dip Roast Beef with jack cheese, lemonade. It's an old fashion deli where everything is cooked on site since 1908. The servers are dressed in period cafeteria uniforms including hat and hankie. Everyone takes their tray of food and just sit at tables wherever there is an empty seat....sawdust covers the floor. The place is about half standing room only including upstairs at lunch time. They claim to have the original French Dip sandwiches.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Vonna...WOW the grilled Italian roll sounds heavenly and so does the turkey salad sandwich (minus the celery...BLECH!)
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2188466;
    Vonna...WOW the grilled Italian roll sounds heavenly and so does the turkey salad sandwich (minus the celery...BLECH!)

LOL......Thanks bbnbama....We love them, oh, I left out the Washington Red apples in the Turkey salad sandwich. I had that sandwich in Seattle about 5 years ago...and now I make it every chance I get.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

I can't believe that after all the turkey sandwiches I've eaten over the last few days, any sandwich sounds good to me!

My favorite sandwich ever comes from a gourmet market near where I work. It's thinly sliced lamb, field greens, tomatoes, kalamata olive spread and goat cheese on focaccia and then grilled
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

My mom used to make a cucumber dip that could also double for a finger sandwich spread. She processed cucumbers and drained them, pressing out the liquid, then added cream cheese or sour cream or a combination and dill. Onions maybe? I should get the recipe. All I know is when she made extra I would make a full sized sandwich out of it an gobble it down. So good.
    My dad's favorite sandwich, which I also liked, will sound horrible to those uninitiated... liverwurst (braunschwager), mustard, and peanut butter.
    When we were kids we liked mayo, lettuce, and tomato sandwiches.
    Count your blessings!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat;2188388;
    I am known for my sandwiches in my family lol My dad says it's because I just know the right amount of mayonaise to put on the bread. My favorites include:
    -Turky, havarti, tomatoes, and lettuce
    -tuna salad w/celery and sweet relish with lettuce on toast
    -chicken salad w/celery, onions, sliced black olives
    -cream cheese and cucumber
    -cream cheese, cucumber, sprouts, turkey on a bagel
    -hot ham and melted cheese, a little mustard, mayo, lettuce and cucumber chips on toast

But honestly, if you stick anything inbetween two slices of white bread with Best Food mayo, i'd probably eat it. Unless it's pink meat (like pastrami and most roast beef). Pink meat smells funny, and I tend to avoid it. Also, you cannot get me to eat liverswurst. My dad likes liverswurst with cheese and onion sammiches sometimes. I make them and my hands smell like liverswurst even AFTER I was them!
    You have that right and Best Foods Mayo is called Hellman's here and its THE BEST MAYO EVER!!!! You could put anything on bread with that and its good. I never buy any other brand and I keep being told that in Greenville, everyone buys Dukes mayo. Not me. I am a hellman's girl.

I do not eat liver. But love Bransweigher. But I eat it on saltine crackers, not bread.

OK, I also make a kick butt pimento cheese spread that is DIVINE and those sandwiches are great. And for those of you going: gross, pimento cheese. Mine is nothing like that nasty orange stuff in the grocery store. Homemade is like heaven!

I also love ham, hellman's and potato chip sandwiches. Yep, chips inside the sandwich. It's so good.

And of course the classic plain old grilled cheese.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread