+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Favorite sandwich(es)

Crissy - between your love of French-style sandwiches and your fascination with "la belle langue"- I think it may be time for you to start wearing a beret and look into music programs at the Sorbonne.

Anyone heard of the pan bagnat? It's a Nicoise tuna sandwich, but there's so many variations on it. Can be made with baguette slices, tuna, artichokes, olives, capers, sliced tomatoes, hard-boiled eggs, minced shallots...drizzled with olive oil and a bit o' balsamic vinegar. Mum-mum!

Shazzer, I'm definitely tryin' your tuna recipe. The foccacia intrigues me, as does the addition of dill.

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaG
    One that I haven't been able to find since leaving Buffalo is a Beef on Weck. Nobody outside of the Western New York area seems to know what "weck" is. (For the record, it's a Kaiser roll with rock salt and caraway seeds, real name "kimmelweck". And it's awesome.)

Next time I go home to visit, I'm stocking up.
    Amanda, I had never heard of this until I read your post....I am right now watching a show I recorded off of PBS called "Sandwiches You Will Like" and they are in a restaurant called "Schwabl's" in the Buffalo area talking about Beef on Weck!!! I must say it looks damn good, if not salty as hell!!!

This show is awesome!! I dont know if anyone else has seen this, but they are highlighting sandwiches and sandwich places from around the country. I know I saw an Italian Beef in the preview.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

My dad apparently used to eat ketchup sandwiches as well as beef tongue sandwiches. I stick with my earlier favorites, but least favorite sandwich: knuckle. :beatup (and after tomorrow turkey will probably be added to that list)
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

The Truth Is Out There ixcrisxi's Avatar
    I love tuna sandwiches and turkey sandwiches. Though, I'm kinda partial to ham.
    MULDER: It's still there, Scully. 200,000 years down in the ice.

SCULLY:
    Leave it there.

Quote Originally Posted by FinallyHere
    I'm big tuna fan, If its ever determined that tuna is bad for you I'd probably drop dead on the spot considering how much of it I eat.
    Unfortunately, tuna isn't as safe as we once thought. Check out this article at forbes.com.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but better safe, right?

Jay
    I like fried spam sandwiches. If you fry it long enough, the spam almost tastes like bacon.

The Truth Is Out There ixcrisxi's Avatar

Fried spam is really good on sandwiches... and with rice! Mwah ha ha!
    MULDER: It's still there, Scully. 200,000 years down in the ice.

SCULLY:
    Leave it there.

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    I like to have pita bread stuffed with a little chicken and whatever veggie type thing I have around like lettuce, tomato, pickles, peppers, whatever. And then you pour a little basalmic vinagarette dressing on it to make it messy. Ymmm!
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Quote Originally Posted by ixcrisxi

Fried spam is really good on sandwiches... and with rice! Mwah ha ha!
    well it kept the british alive in the tunnels in WWII. and maybe in a few years it will be less radio-active.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Quote Originally Posted by ixcrisxi
    I've developed a liking for baguette sandwiches. They're always so good when you use a freshly baked baguette and melted cheese. Mmm...
    You can't go wrong with that formula!

Try a crusty baguette with thinly-sliced smoked turkey, copious amounts of triple-cream brie and a nice dijon mustard. Red leaf lettuce, tomato, and sweet onion slices are nice with this too.

My husband's from Brooklyn, so he taught me to love the meatball sub and the chicken parmigiana hero, especially with loads of gooey mozzarella.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

+ Reply to Thread