+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Favorite sandwich(es)

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Boar's Head Ham, Swiss cheese on Rockland Bakery Rolls with mustard or russian dressing. There is NO bakery like Rockland Bakery No other rolls compare

Never heard of a weck, but have seen salt and caraway on rolls! Just called it "roll with salt and caraway seeds"

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp
    Boar's Head Ham, Swiss cheese on Rockland Bakery Rolls
    Gotta love the Boar's Head. . I refuse to eat any other cold cuts.
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

Oooo I forgot one. Best tuna fish sandwich ever, made by a restaurant nearby.

Foccacia bread, with some kind of herbs rubbed into it (select the herbed foccacia of your choosing)
    Big beefsteak tomato slices
    Baby salad greens, i.e. like the wild mix

Now for the tuna mixture:
    Tuna
    mayo
    lots of lemon juice
    shallots (no, not onions, not scallions, but shallots, must be shallots finely chopped)
    fresh dill and lots of it

Anyhow, this is GOOD. So simple and yet so yummy that everyone who's tried it enjoys it (if they like tuna, that is).

Boar's head: I always thought that was a funny name for a brand of food. Makes me think of head cheese or something.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Shazzer, you are truly a girl after my own heart. I don't make tuna salad unless I have plenty of fresh dill on hand.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I love a clubhouse with lots of mayo!
    :

I am not afraid of dying....I just don't want to be there when it happens!

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzer
    Boar's head: I always thought that was a funny name for a brand of food. Makes me think of head cheese or something.
    Yuch, Headcheese. I'm having a hard time keeping my lunch down thinking about that. I've never had it but it looks revolting. Up until very recently I didn't even know that head cheese was a food. It sounds like something you would see a doctor about or at least take a shower to get rid of.

BTW - that tuna recipe sounds good I'll have to try it. I'm big tuna fan, If its ever determined that tuna is bad for you I'd probably drop dead on the spot considering how much of it I eat.
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

I love thickly sliced turkey on either Mrs. Baird's potatoe bread or croissant with mayo and red bell beppers. Mmmmm!

I truely believe that tacos count as sandwiches. So, Desperado Tacos are a favorite. They are fried flour tortillas with jack cheese marinated chicken fajita meat and pico degallo with avacado topper. You also have the option to add lettuce. Squeeze a little lime over the top and you have the best taco ever. This is the first meal I ordered at Desperado's and have not eaten anything else off of the menu yet. I just keep ordering this every time.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

The Truth Is Out There ixcrisxi's Avatar
    J'adore le croque-monsieur. C'est bon!
    MULDER: It's still there, Scully. 200,000 years down in the ice.

SCULLY:
    Leave it there.

I totally forgot about the Monte Cristo. I have not had one in a couple of years. I did have one once that was not deep fried...instead the bread way cooked like french toast. I was disappointed when I first saw it, but quickly changed my mind after tasting. The good thing about a monte cristo this way is you can make it at home and not have to deal with the deep fryer. I just love these with raspberry jam. Mmmm!
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

The Truth Is Out There ixcrisxi's Avatar
    I've developed a liking for baguette sandwiches. They're always so good when you use a freshly baked baguette and melted cheese. Mmm...
    MULDER: It's still there, Scully. 200,000 years down in the ice.

SCULLY:
    Leave it there.

+ Reply to Thread