+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2363646566676869707172737475 LastLast

Thread: What Creeps you out?

Re: What Creeps you out?

Quote Originally Posted by 717021;2623670;
    What about them flying monkeys in the Wizard of Oz??

My sister, who is approaching 60 (and who is a new grandma ), is still freaked out by them
    Last edited by Newfherder; 10-22-2007 at 11:23 PM. Reason: parallelism
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I have a friend of mine who is a (almost) 42 year old man who is still, to this day, freaked out by the Oompa Loompa's on Charlie and the Chocolate Factory!

You can just start singing their song and he freaks out and runs from the room!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD

My daughter freaks out over costumed characters. She hates them and they are everywhere. We recently ran into the Michilin Man and a hot dog (went to a festival downtown).
    She's 16. But when she was about 3, we took her to see the Bearenstien Bears at a bookstore. She loved their books, but when they came out, they were HUGE and ever since then, she's hated character costumes. Going to Disney is always fun, we have to avoid all the characters because of her.

The flying monkeys don't bother me. I lived in Florida afterall and our mosquitos there are the size of the flying monkeys, so you get used to them after a while.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2624512;
    You can just start singing their song and he freaks out and runs from the room!
    That sounds fun. **evil laugh**

I have something to add - what really creeps me out?
    When I am sitting in a restaurant and the staff all comes at you with a *&^%$# birthday cake singing "Happy Birthday". Fortunately it did not happen to me this year, but years ago it did - I was mortified. I have told everyone that I know, if anyone EVER tries to do that I WILL get up and walk out.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I'm with you, buddy. A former employee got my ex-business partner a belly dancer for his 50th--I refused to attend the lunch where she sprung that on him. I also made it very clear to my then-wife that she had better not pull a stunt like that when I turned 40 (yes, this was back more than a few years ) As it turned out, I need not have worried--she completely forgot my 40th
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2625812;
    I'm with you, buddy. A former employee got my ex-business partner a belly dancer for his 50th--I refused to attend the lunch where she sprung that on him. I also made it very clear to my then-wife that she had better not pull a stunt like that when I turned 40 (yes, this was back more than a few years ) As it turned out, I need not have worried--she completely forgot my 40th
    So I guess that stripper we've got lined up for you for your next birthday is a no go then?

I too hate the cake and waitstaff singing to me in restaurants. UGH, I want to dive under the table. All my friends and family know not to EVER do that to me again. However, on my 40th, we went to a club where I went to highschool with most of the band that plays there and they did sing to me and that wasn't so bad, but by that time, alcohol had been involved and I guess any embarrassment vanishes along with the inhibitions.

I guess I can now add fog to what creeps me out. Maybe driving in fog creeps me out more. Today I came upon a sudden pocket of fog and the car in front of me disappeared and I was literally holding my breath until I came out of it. Didn't help that I was on a mountain at the time with twisty, curvy roads that were wet. I guess that creeps me out too. I don't like driving on wet roads either. And driving in the mountains creeps me out too. But I had to take something to my husband and he's currently working on the top of a mountain nearby. Beautiful view once I got there, but going up and coming down were not fun.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by snickertink;2620532;
    My doggies think it is cute to bark at the ceiling fan when I am home alone - that freaks me out every time and they never do it to my son or husband.
    How funny! Your doggies sound like pranksters.

It's spiders. They have such power over me...and they're lighter than feathers! But I do catch them, no matter how scary. In fact, the bigger they are, the more determined I am to find them a nice spot outside. They've survived a lot to get that big, and I just can't take them out. They humble me in so many ways. But they scare the crap out of me too.
    My younger brother went away for six weeks, to a Science Fair for teachers. He had an iguana, a snake, a few geiko's...and a tarantula. His pets were looked after by his siblings, who obviously love him very much. I got the tarantula, Boris. I didn't think I was going to make it the first week, so my Dad fashioned a metal top of heavy duty chicken wire, to put over the top of the aquarium. By the time my brother came to pick Boris up, I was so attached to that furry little guy. I got him a few caves from the aquarium store, and put some plants in there. I taped a backdrop of the desert to the back of the aquarium. I made a little pond for his water, and a few times a week, purchased crickets for him. It was a sad day when Boris left. I, along with my two cats, were endlessly fascinated by him. But the experience did nothing to abate a fear of spiders so severe that I will strip naked in public if I even think one is on me.

I hate bees. Hate'em, hate'em, hate'em. And it seems that whenever I am outdoors, they find me. After today, they also seem to find me when I am even indoors too!

Well we are in the midst of a major master bath renovation. Complete gut job, reconfiguration of the fixtures, plumbing, lights, etc. Seems like it is never going to end, even though I can honestly see "light at the end of the tunnel."

Much to my relief, hubby decided to take this week off from work to devote more time to finishing this project.

So today he was in and out of the house, cutting the pieces of trim to go around the room. I am sitting on the deck of the new soaking tub (I cannot wait for that to get all hooked up!) and watching him work. I must have been fascinated looking at his plumber's crack (LOL) because I did not notice that he had a big yellow jacket or possibly a wasp walking on the back of his t-shirt! Yikes! As soon as I noticed the bee, I screamed like a banshee and told him he had a bee on the back of his shirt.

True to form, what did he do first? He got up and tried to look in the mirror! Like I would kid about a bee? Nooooo! He then ran out of the house, took off his shirt, and set the bee free.

He knows that if he ever wanted to kill me, all he would have to do is lock me in a room with a bee and I would probably die of fright!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I LOVE it when the restaurant sings to me on my birthday...I usually whoop, holler, clap, sing (whatever they happen to do at the particular restaurant) along with them and stand up and wave to the rest of the restaurant!!!

My S.O.'s children on the other hand, and who are all over the age of 19, would permanently disown anyone who did that to them...even the mere mention of jokingly doing it has caused quite a few arguments. They don't even like to be sitting at the same table of someone else who is having the birthday song sung to them!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread