+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 75 FirstFirst ... 21616263646566676869707172737475 LastLast

Thread: What Creeps you out?

Re: What Creeps you out?

I've used the vacuum on creepy-crawlies too. I once had a roomate who was terrified of any type of bug. She used to spray bugs with hairspray. That sticks them to the wall and they die. The cleanup, however, is not fun. She was also terrified of frogs and mice. I don't mind frogs and I'm not scared of mice (although I don't want them in my house). Snakes need to stay away. I can't even watch them on tv. My better-half is creeped out by balloons... He hates balloons. I think that this is hilarious (balloons cannot bite you or kill you like spiders or snakes!).
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Spiders, snakes, and creepy crawly things
    There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved- George Sand

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;2620971;
    I've used the vacuum on creepy-crawlies too. I once had a roomate who was terrified of any type of bug. She used to spray bugs with hairspray. That sticks them to the wall and they die. The cleanup, however, is not fun. She was also terrified of frogs and mice. I don't mind frogs and I'm not scared of mice (although I don't want them in my house). Snakes need to stay away. I can't even watch them on tv. My better-half is creeped out by balloons... He hates balloons. I think that this is hilarious (balloons cannot bite you or kill you like spiders or snakes!).
    My daughter does not like balloons. She had one clutched to her chest when she was about 2 and was running, fell down and it popped. 14 years later and she still doesn't like them.
    And the dog is TERRIFIED of balloons.

I used to work for a doctor so blood and stuff doesn't creep me out, but throwup and poop do.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I can't say balloons creep me out, but I get squeamish watching little kids playing with them by putting their mouths on them (even when inflated). I've heard horror stories of kids doing this, and having the popped balloon get sucked into their throats. We never had balloons at our daughter's parties when she was little because of my fear of balloon safety.
    More than 110 children, most of them ages 5 and under, have died from balloon-related suffocation since 1973.
    Deadly Accidents

Besides, the loud POP, even when I'm expecting it, makes my heart stop everytime.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Ok - so balloons CAN kill. In this case though, no children are involved and my better-half actually refuses to go through a check-out lane at the grocery store if there are balloons there. I've asked him why he hates balloons and he doesn't really know why. He hates the "pop" of helium balloons but he dislikes mylar balloons (which don't pop) just as much. I think it is hilarious. I also saw a talk show about phobias a few years ago, One woman was terrified of aluminum foil - - and another person had a fear of cotton balls.......
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

I don't like the sound cotton makes when pushed together or torn, yes it does make a sound. Especially when torn apart. Hate it, there's a reason why I don't have any cotton in my flat. However, I don't mind passing by cotton, just don't tear it near me!

MRD

Escalators creep me out, but I know why. I fell down one as a child. I still to this day have a problem with them and those moving walkways. I hate if someone is behind me because it takes me a little while to actually step on and then I HAVE to step one step up or down for some reason once I am on and they have become stair steps. I also have somewhat of a problem with staircases, but only going down them. I am ok to go up them.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

You know I just thought of something that creeps me out - Waking up from a very sound sleep to JOEY STARING at me.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2621599;
    You know I just thought of something that creeps me out - Waking up from a very sound sleep to JOEY STARING at me.
    Lol. I don't care who you are thats funny right there. My husband doesn't like the sound of styrafoam rubbing together.
    There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved- George Sand

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Grinding teeth.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread