+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2060616263646566676869707172737475 LastLast

Thread: What Creeps you out?

Re: What Creeps you out?

Spiders are my thing-I absolutely am terrified (my hair actually raises up) of all. It's only been lately that I have slowly been able to kill the ones that are the size of a pin head. If it's any larger than that I still scream, jump, and throw hissy fits!

When they are on the TV or in a magazine, I shudder and look away. There are some issues of National Geographic that I was not able to look at because they had spiders pictured. My kids still laugh at me!

Spiders definitely creep me out. The Harry Potter movie with the spiders - the second one I think - had me just about leaving the theater. I don't mind them so much when they're outside in their world. But it completely creeps me out when they come into my world.

MRD

A vacuum cleaner with the long hose attachment works well for sucking up spiders and frogs. And if the solid end is long enough, you don't even have to stand near them.
    I then take the vaccum outside and wait for hubby to empty the vac bag into the outside trash. But problem inside solved!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD - the vacuum thing reminds me of a time when my husband was out and it was just me and the dog - a German Shephard. I was reading a book and out of the corner of my eye, I saw a spider strolling across the floor. So I told Lady (the German Shephard) to get it. So Lady calmly walked over to the spider, sniffed it a couple of times, and strolled back to where she was sleeping, curled up and looked at me. I kept trying to get her to sic the spider, but she was far more interested in her nap. So I got out the Dust Buster, sucked up the spider, and put the Dust Buster outside on the front step. When my husband got home and I told him why the Dust Buster was outside, he thought I was nuts.

But then again, I'm the person who got trapped in the bathroom by a cricket, so what did he expect?

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2616187;
    But then again, I'm the person who got trapped in the bathroom by a cricket, so what did he expect?
    That is too funny. Insects don't bother me but you get a mouse in the house I'm outta here. They creep me out big time.

The thought of a spider on the bathroom ceiling when I'm in the shower with soap in my eyes.

an empty nest, and not liking it one dang bit!

I hate crickets.

My doggies think it is cute to bark at the ceiling fan when I am home alone - that freaks me out every time and they never do it to my son or husband.

I worked at a daycare center for years and for some reason little kids come to me when they have to puke - usually ON me - usually right on my foot and into whatever shoe I was wearing! I hate that! Nothing gets me speedwalking in the other direction faster than a cute lil darling with a tummy ache...

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2616175;
    A vacuum cleaner with the long hose attachment works well for sucking up spiders and frogs. And if the solid end is long enough, you don't even have to stand near them.
    I then take the vaccum outside and wait for hubby to empty the vac bag into the outside trash. But problem inside solved!
    Yeah - but what about those of US who don't have "hubby", but a Joey who looks at ME to get rid of whatever, and I HATE creepy crawlies. Can I call you to have "hubby" fly up here to WI to empty my vacuum? (I'll pay for the airfare of course)
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2620596;
    Yeah - but what about those of US who don't have "hubby", but a Joey who looks at ME to get rid of whatever, and I HATE creepy crawlies. Can I call you to have "hubby" fly up here to WI to empty my vacuum? (I'll pay for the airfare of course)
    He can be on the next flight.

And I would have thought that Joey should earn his keep by getting rid of whatever for you.
    Waldo catches flies. It's so funny to watch him. But even catching flies, he still hasn't made up for the gigantic mess in my car last week. And hubby had to come rescue me there, so I guess dog poo creeps me out too.

(slightly off topic, but I thought of you the other night when I heard the news about Joey Bishop. So sad, I loved the Rat Pack and he was always one of the very funniest of the bunch)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The scraping of a rock or a rake on concrete or any similar surface just goes all through me.

Having my nails filed or hearing somebody else's being filed at the nail salon. The technicians seem to find my sensitivity entertaining, which it is not. <------SERIOUSLY.

Emery boards!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread