+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 75 FirstFirst ... 195960616263646566676869707172737475 LastLast

Thread: What Creeps you out?

Starts flipping through phone book... oh yes here it is.. Hello, I have a friend here who is a wee bit , shall we say straaaange? something about worms, flies, spiders, what? Why yes the name is MAVENO! You have the USUAL room ready??? What's that you say RUBBER padding?

Quote Originally Posted by maveno
    ...I think you all are the weird ones. I'M just fine
    Yeah, riiiiight! Pulling bugs apart....
    gabriel: I think you should book her in on the EXTENDED STAY!!!

I happen to LIKE clowns. If the clown is ME. I used to dress up as one every Halloween. I also used to be the official mascot of Universiade '83 and trained all the volunteers to manage our two costumes throughout the games. Being a costumed character or having make-up on transports me into total sillyness and goofyness. I got away with lots of things, all funny and nice, however. Never mean or scary. I sat on a police car, directed traffic, helped little old ladies across the street, danced with children, and even shook the hand of Prince Charles and courtsied to Princess Diana. Threw the first pitch at a Blue Jays game, sat on the knees of ball players .

So, I guess you guys won't like me You'll be afraid. Very AFRAID
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Not me... I don't mind them. Although a sibling has the clown fear. I personally don't understand it but then I haven't seen "It" before (don't know if he has).

Also maybe I don't see a "weird being" when I look at a clown, but, an actor. I'm thinking about his performing skills and style more than his makeup.

misskitty: How was Princess Diana?! What was she like in person?! Wow, to have seen her in life, and that close! Please tell.

Re: What Creeps you out?

Spiders creep me out! Other than Tobey Maguire, I'm not a huge fan of spiders. I usually go out of my way to step on them. Not these guys. This one is on the back of my house.

This one is scary looking. He's on my fence.

You can't really see this one(and I wasn't getting any closer) but it gives a good idea of how big the web is. It stretches from the fence to my kids' slide. He is yellow and brown on top with a white and black striped ball-shaped bottom. I've never seen anything quite like it.

Yes, the exterminator comes today.
    Last edited by lildago; 10-15-2007 at 05:33 PM.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

GAH! Spider pictures! *shudder* They creep me out too.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

MRD

Spiders and snakes don't bother me. Frogs, now, THAT'S a different story. Can't stand frogs.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I'm with you on the spiders Lil. We have Brown Recluse Spiders everywhere. Thank goodness they are not aggressive. My mom always asks how come my son immediately recoils from any spider he sees when we visit Canada. Better safe than sorry. I hope we never end up in Australia (beautiful country) with all those snakes. I really don't like snakes.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Glad to hear the exterminator is coming to visit you lildago....

Spiders give me the heebie-jeebies....I'm terrifed of daddy long legs....BLECH!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2614384;
    Glad to hear the exterminator is coming to visit you lildago....

Spiders give me the heebie-jeebies....I'm terrifed of daddy long legs....BLECH!

LMAO - My brother and I call daddy long legs "Grandaddy long legs" because our grandfather's house was surrounded by those nasty bugs. I hae a BIG problem with snakes - they freak me out - I cannot even stand to see a snake on tv. Nightmares. I dislike anything that has NO legs or more than four legs....
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

SNAKES and worms:
    I went to the zoo and made the stupid (for me) move of going into the reptile house. There was this hideous, huge, monstrous snake in a case that had his huge head close to the exit door. I can't tell you how long it took me to finally get through that door. I really had to pray over it. (It's only funny to me now. I needed a psychiatrist then!)

I like to look at spiders on their webs....but I don't want them to move. There was one outside my front door for the longest time (pretty good size, too), and I would check on him/her from time to time. But then again, I don't really use my front door! You can be pretty brave behind a security door!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread