+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1757585960616263646566676869707172737475 LastLast

Thread: What Creeps you out?

I can relate to cat hair and fur balls too! I don't mind at all if my pets are sick because I luvs them and they're my kitts. I can pick out the fur, or clean up the mess in the litter box. But if it were children or people getting sick..... I'd woof my cookies.

My twin sinister is hilarious. She can't stand the sight of a furball. And it's just fur, and maybe some food, or grass, and um, tummy juices. But all natural and identifiable. Unlike human stuff. Ewww. I even hate it when I get sick.

Anything found in food from a restaurant.. blehhhhh! Can't. Swallow. Any. More. Particularly a hair or a bug.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    It's funny you mention that - for some reason if it's one of my pet's hairs I wouldn't be disgusted. It's just the human variety that makes me gag.
    Which is hilarious because the human hair is probably MUCH cleaner than the pet hair.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Roadkill, and dead animals in general. When my son was much younger, he always wanted to go back and look closely at the roadkill...and, of course, I would NOT! Boys can be so gross!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    I can relate to cat hair and fur balls too! I don't mind at all if my pets are sick because I luvs them and they're my kitts. I can pick out the fur, or clean up the mess in the litter box. But if it were children or people getting sick..... I'd woof my cookies.
    Same here and I've proven that this week. My new boxer, Reyna, has a touch of Kennel Cough and has been hacking up globs of gook all over the place. I feel so bad for her but I scoop up the stuff with a tissue and wipe up after with a cloth. She's my baby. But I don't think I could handle that from a toddler.

Little sacs of mystery stuff hanging from web-like strands - off of the patio table, from the eaves of the garden shed, under the bench at the back of the yard. I don't know what's in them (spider eggs? snoozing caterpillars? leaf mould?) and I don't care - they just give me the willies big time.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Sounds like spider eggs, Rattus. And yes, they are gross.

Where I live we have tent worms, bag worms, whatever you want to call them. I have a tree outside my back door that gets covered with them before the summer is over. The only way to destroy them is to cut the limb off and burn it. The creepy part though is that you can see those worms inside that net like thing just working their little selves to death. I try to avoid looking their way.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post

Where I live we have tent worms, bag worms, whatever you want to call them. I have a tree outside my back door that gets covered with them before the summer is over. The only way to destroy them is to cut the limb off and burn it. The creepy part though is that you can see those worms inside that net like thing just working their little selves to death. I try to avoid looking their way.
    OMG, your post also gave me the big time willies and now I am scratching myself like a stray cat.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Muduh we have those too. We call them silk worms. Don't know if that's what you have but they do create an eery looking web in the trees. We leave them alone.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    OMG, your post also gave me the big time willies and now I am scratching myself like a stray cat.
    I'm trying to get this picture of you with your foot up behind your ear!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

I grew up with those! Tent worms are what we called'm. We'd also have to burn them out. But that bothered me. Tent worms fascinated me!!! Especially when you take your hand and reach right into the tent city.. grab a handful and pull your hand out, when you do..the tent is sealed up in your palm and all the worms are wriggling about and it feels neat in your hands! Or.. hmm. Maybe this little "joy" isn't for everyone.

Did I just say too much?
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread