+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 75 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768 ... LastLast

Thread: What Creeps you out?

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Archery Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Ditto on the Burger King. What about that commercial for - I think it's fish sticks - where some kids are at a playground with their mother and they're staring at this big fish that's just standing there by the swings *shivers* The voice over is something like "Is your family afraid of fish?" They weren't..... before they saw that commercial!
    Awww..really? I thought that was funny..a fish, standing there..staring at you. Sometimes I do have wierd humor though..

What creeps me out is when parents "don't mind" their children's spit, goobers, saliva droolage hit their mouth or face. Perfect example is when tossing a baby in the air, or bouncing them above your face and the baby half pukes or a big ole stream of spit comes splashing down. {{shivering}}
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    worms and snakes and anything slimy, most bugs (hate ladybugs).............and having my nails filed at the salon (makes my skin crawl and I get nauseated )...just seeing emery boards..........somebody using an emery board...........seeing somebody drink milk........seeing a glass of jug of milk sitting on the table

I've got a few issues. No doubt there are more.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post

What creeps me out is when parents "don't mind" their children's spit, goobers, saliva droolage hit their mouth or face. Perfect example is when tossing a baby in the air, or bouncing them above your face and the baby half pukes or a big ole stream of spit comes splashing down. {{shivering}}
    You would not be a good candidate for owning a Newf Drool is a fact of life, as is drool flying through the air. My boys have hit the 9' ceilings with a good head shake, and that's from the sitting position. The Newf motto is "You're not worth a dime if you can't sling your slime."
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Major Buffy & LOTR fan Twilightseeker's Avatar

Stuff that creeps me out!

Personally, I don't like freaky lookin' clowns. Those things are werid! I just hate all types of bugs,and bats.

Really crazy old people scare me, too. I guess the nursing home job is out for me. Yeah, I'm not parial for needles, and of the doctors offices, either.

I REALLY HATE SNAKES, TOO!
    ....thin as a dime.

It freaks me out when parents or caretakers let a childs face crust with snot and boogers. Eeeeew! They make these special little incredibly soft squares of paper called kleenex for cleaning the face. I know these parents have a box full of wet wipes in their diaper bag. Use them for goodnes sake! If someone let an elderly adult sit in their oen mucus it would be considered abuse.....same goes for kids. Along the same lines.....clean your kids up after they eat. Do not let them go for days with coolaide stains in the corner of their mouth or catsup on their chin. Again, a wet wipe is useful here. Have them wash their hands or use hand gel. To this day if my 5 or 7 year old eats anything we clean our hands and face directly before and after. Now, if I can only keep them from getting stains on their clothing you might never know we eat at all.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    I used to say the same Maveno until I got my own. A juice kiss beats a stinky diaper (or vomit) any day.

Now, I all in agreement with Feifer that kids should be dirty when eating, but clean them up when they are finished. I've seen my share of snotty and dirty children and I always get disgusted, no matter how cute the child is.

FORT Anomaly
    Quote Originally Posted by queenb View Post
    Oh yeah, the Burger King is bad...especially the new ad patterned on King Kong, where there is a woman in a NYC apartment in a Fay Wray style gown. Suddenly she screams, and it shows the Burger King at the window, King Kong sized.
    Yessssss. Burger King man is creepy as all get out. Seriously, it's the sort of thing that I'll one day be laying on my back describing to a psychiatrist... "And then this giant plastic smiley man was looking through the window..."

What else creeps me out? Donny Osmond.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Feifer View Post
    They make these special little incredibly soft squares of paper called kleenex for cleaning the face.

The only drawback on using kleenex is when the parent spits on it and then wipes their sweet little faces. My mom used to do that when I was a kid and it's just Ew. :nono

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    That was yucky, and just one of the pains of childhood, back in the day. What my grandmother used to do was..........she'd tell me to stick out MY tongue....she'd swipe the Kleenex across it........and then she'd clean my face, so not only did I have my spit on my face, but I'd have Kleenex on my tongue. THAT WAS NOT FAIR!!!

But I lived through it, but I am still traumatized to this day!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Premium Member
    Kleenex on your tongue... yuck. Gotta love grandmothers though, she probably thought she was doing you a favor by not putting her spit on your face.

+ Reply to Thread