+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 75 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667 ... LastLast

Thread: What Creeps you out?

When I have to touch plates that have been left with food and water on them in the sink. Creeps me out everytime, especially if there's meat involved (I'm a veggetarian, but my roomies aren't). Also, one of my roommates bought a fried duck to eat, then left it uncovered on the counter for a few days. It made me really sad and creeped out, because it still looked like a duck.
    Support bacteria. They're the only culture some people have.

Wowzers, there's been some posts that have definitely given me the heebie jeebies at 11:30 at night! (Smart one, Jen!)

Here are some things that creep me out

-Spiders (Yes I know, obvious one. I can't even handle LOOKING or TOUCHING pictures of them)
    -Natural disasters like earthquakes and hurricanes because you never know when they can happen and how much damage they will cause. However, the one natural disaster that freaks me out most is...
    -Tornados. Eek. I had many tornado nightmares as a kid and they still scare me to this day. Maybe it's from watching "The Wizard of Oz" when I was little.
    -Being alone in pitch black darkness (I still sleep with some lights on in my room and maybe extra lights on during Halloween night.)
    -Well, I used to be freaked out by Marilyn Manson (every time a song of his would come on, I would get this sickish feeling in my stomach as if I knew an evil prescence was in the room) but now that I'm a bit older and wiser and more understanding of his motives, I'm a little less afraid of him...but I don't forgive him for butchering "Personal Jesus!" Stay as far away from Depeche Mode as you can!
    -The old witch from "Snow White and the Seven Dwarves" *shudders*
    -Death
    -Grossly skinny people (one picture of Lindsay Lohan and Nicole Richie together with bony arms, collar bones and hollow cheek bones creeped me out)
    -Needles of any kind
    -The possibility of a friend or loved one getting involved with hard drugs.
    -As corny as it is, some Halloween sound effects tapes scare me.
    -My mom was a fan of the TV show "Dark Shadows" and she had the soundtrack on record and she played that as Halloween music one year...to quote Strong Bad, the soundtrack still gives me the jibblies to this day. Hell, I got chills just thinking about that creepy warpy music.
    -Wax museums
    -Gangs and rapists
    -Now here's a weird one, I have a love/hate relationship with the song "Assimilate" by Skinny Puppy. The song has a really good beat but the lyrics scare me (particuarly the ending "Death! Death! Death!")
    -Charles Manson (if I hear a news story on him or see him on TV, I immediately change the channel)

WHEW, that was a lengthy post. I had to listen to some silly music while typing all of this up.

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    The Carpenters. (brother and sister band from the 70's?) I think it's because my mom made me watch their movie so many times as a kid it damaged my psyche. I have to go bleach myself now. Karen Carpenter makes me feel dirty.
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

SPIDERS are my worst fear...there is nothing creepier. Nothing.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

When I turn on Animal Planet, and there's someone on there with their mouth wide open, and they're letting the dog lick not only ON (bad enough) but IN there..... And I'm an animal lover--but I dont want dog slobber on my lips. That's happened to me before accidentally, but watching someone do this on purpose makes me want to hurl. I have to change the channel sometimes!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb View Post
    When I turn on Animal Planet, and there's someone on there with their mouth wide open, and they're letting the dog lick not only ON (bad enough) but IN there..... And I'm an animal lover--but I dont want dog slobber on my lips. That's happened to me before accidentally, but watching someone do this on purpose makes me want to hurl. I have to change the channel sometimes!
    I'm with you, queenb. bleah

Definitely spiders...bugs of any kind.

Oh, and the burger king guy - I find him especially creepy.

Oh yeah, the Burger King is bad...especially the new ad patterned on King Kong, where there is a woman in a NYC apartment in a Fay Wray style gown. Suddenly she screams, and it shows the Burger King at the window, King Kong sized.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Ditto on the Burger King. What about that commercial for - I think it's fish sticks - where some kids are at a playground with their mother and they're staring at this big fish that's just standing there by the swings *shivers* The voice over is something like "Is your family afraid of fish?" They weren't..... before they saw that commercial!

What gives me the creeps is when someone I barely know attempts familiarity with me like we're best friends. It just seems desperate and stalkerish.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Double ditto on the Burger King guy - when he comes on the screen with that creepy molded smile

Spoiled food - the mold that grows on it freaks me out! That's the nastiest sight....oooh I'm getting goosebumps now! Luckily I don't come across it often but I was once watching Nip/Tuck one episode caught me off guard, the face transplant. The transplant swap went poorly and they showed it and I didn't have a chance to look away and it looked SPOILED...ewwww. I had to watch the cartoon channel for a couple hours after that!!
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

+ Reply to Thread