+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 75 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: What Creeps you out?

I hate the sound of popcorn rubbing against a plate....

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Raw meat in the packages that have blood oozing....NASTY!
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallulahbaby
    Raw meat in the packages that have blood oozing....NASTY!
    I agree with that but I also do NOT touch (or eat) chicken or pork chops or steak or fish or anything on a bone!!! I eat boneless chicken, pork chops, fish etc...but I absolutely refuse to touch or eat meat of any kind while its still on a bone!! Don't know why I'm that way...to my knowledge I never had a traumatic experience or was chased around my house by my brother with some bloody nasty raw meat on a bone!!! But my dad was also the same way...go figure....strange things carry thru the DNA, huh?!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd
    I do O.k. with Chalk.
    But styrofoam *SHUDDER*
    Especially when someone is taking it out of a cardboard box, or stuffing it in...
    Putting a foam carton of eggs in a paper bag was always the worst! I am
    so glad the stores around here switched to carboard egg cartons.
    Yes! Forget the environment, the sound alone should be reason enough to ban styrofoam. Walking in the sand on the beach that's between the hard pack and soft sand will sometimes make a similarly icky squeaking sound and feeling. Hate it.

Meat on the bone - NO WAY! Glad I'm not the only one. I won't touch any type of raw meat with my bare hands. Thank goodness for latex gloves. I get made fun of by my family and friends but there's no way I'm touching that stuff. Ick. Ick. Ick.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." B. Russell

Oh Im glad Im not the only one...I hate meat on the bone...UGh *shudders*

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd
    People who make way too much eye contact... it's always the same people who lean foreward slightly when theyre doing it too. EWWW what are you doing?! trying to see my soul? Back up and blink man!
    , you slay me ClosetNerd! Couple those types with LOUD talkers. There's this woman I work with who shrieks "HI!!! HOW's IT GOING..blah blah blah" Freaks me out. I cower and run. An over-abundance of these folks in the business world. Sometimes I feel like I'm competing over who can talk the loudest, make the most eye contact, and squeeze the hardest in a handshake.
    ]

I love this thread! Maybe cause I started it!

My husband was recently put on nite shift. So he works 7pm to 7am. It really sucks. I hate being home at nite alone. Anywhoo I have 2 dogs that are great watchdogs. They dont bark unless they hear someone or something. Last nite at 2am , Hoppy the male dogs started barking and running down stairs. The female followed and they were barking at the back door. I was so creeped and scared I didnt go see...I hid under the blankets...Ugh I hate things that go bump in the nite.

I also am creeped out by hair in food or drink. I recently found a hair in my Sprite and had a heartattack. Ugh its not my week.!

My ultimate creep out happened today.

I felt that little wisp of something on my foot/leg - and say - okay, it's got to be the foster kitty, she has a foot fetish. But when I move my foot - the sensation continues and I don't touch a furry body. I look down - a friggin roach was on my foot! He just looked up with a 'hello'. I hate living in a NYC apartment sometimes. I've been lucky and gone 2 years w/out a roach, but with this heat and humidity they are all over and now - in my house. And of course, where there is one there are hundreds. I'm creeped out just thinking about it! *shudders*

Premium Member
    Glitter, that sucks. The other day I was working in my garden and I felt that same kind of wispy sensation on the back of my neck like someone was touching me with a feather. I put my hand back there to see what it was and proceeded to get stung by either a yellow jacket or a mosquito the size of my terrier.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulahbaby
    I love this thread! Maybe cause I started it!

My husband was recently put on nite shift. So he works 7pm to 7am. It really sucks. I hate being home at nite alone. Anywhoo I have 2 dogs that are great watchdogs. They dont bark unless they hear someone or something. Last nite at 2am , Hoppy the male dogs started barking and running down stairs. The female followed and they were barking at the back door. I was so creeped and scared I didnt go see...I hid under the blankets...Ugh I hate things that go bump in the nite.

I also am creeped out by hair in food or drink. I recently found a hair in my Sprite and had a heartattack. Ugh its not my week.!
    Isn't it strange how we magnify the events and they become so frightening? We have motion lights everywhere and when my husband is at home I never even wake up when they come on, but if I'm by myself I am so aware every time they do. Often I look out and there is my neighbors big old dog walking round out there. Then I know that he's on guard and I can rest easy. Granted I will have one eye open for the rest of the night, but as least I feel better.

+ Reply to Thread