+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 75 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: What Creeps you out?

It's just me Snowy. I like to hear your voice.

Oh you silly Unk! Alright, I guess I'm not scared of that anymore.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I've gone back to the beginning of this thread, and like some of you, I, too, don't like looking in mirrors at night, especially in a dark room.

I also don't like seeing empty baby strollers, cribs or carriages, especially if there's a toy for baby in there (like a rattle or pacifier)...and no baby.

Speaking of babies, those pictures of baby an hour out of the womb that people seem so fond of using for their birth announcements? Nuh-uh, no thanks. They still look misshapen.

TV's that are still on in an empty room.

Bird song late at night.

There's something intrinsically wrong about passing a church at night and seeing no lights on. A place of worship should always have some light.

Suddenly finding yourself the only one in the room of a large museum. Surrounded by all those old things, you feel momentarily...displaced.

Entertainment: When I was 10, Willie Wonka & the Chocolate Factory was hugely entertaining. A few months ago, it was on TV, and as a lark and for sentimental reasons, I tried to watch it. I had to turn it off after the scene where the Oompa-Loompas row them through the tunnel. Willie Wonka is actually extremely disturbing to adults, I would think. And I'm not surprised, coming from the mind of Roald Dahl, who had a disturbing imagination. (Read some of his other works, if you don't believe me.)

Oh, you know what else creeps me out? That stranger standing behind you and staring at what you're doing. () Show of hands--did anyone not turn around? At least "to be sure"?
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Those old graphics of kids with REALLY BIG eyes and their current incarnation - the dogs and cats with REALLY BIG eyes. My parents actually got me a doll when I was little with those REALLY BIG eyes wearing a patched burlap sack and one hand open palm up like she's begging. Freaky. I still have it.
    Count your blessings!

I have an aunt who lives 3500 miles away from me, so I can count on one hand the number of times I've met her. When lil Rose was around 3, she sent her a Barney doll, who had over 1,000 recorded messages in him. Anyway, if he was still for a certain length of time, he would turn himself off (he turned Mr. Rose and me off immediately .....my aunt is a very sweet woman, but really we could have done quite well w/o having to listen to Barney over and over). We put her to bed, with him sitting on her dresser, and a little while later, she came screaming down the hall that he was scaring her (smart kid ), so we put him in her closet and shut the door. As Mr. Rose and I were getting ready for bed, hours later, we heard this weird noise coming from her room. We opened the door wider and realized Barney was chattering up a storm (still on the upper self in her closet )...fortunately lil Rose was asleep. We took him out of her room, and just set him on our bathroom counter. Well, in the middle of the night, we were awakened by Barney laughing that maniacal laughter of his, saying things like "Find something blue. Good job. Now find something red." I told my husband, if his eyes start flashing red, I'm out of there! I called Mattel the next day, and they had us mail him to them, and unfortunately, they sent a new one. I've always wondered what happened to that Possessed Barney.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    Bird song late at night.
    Have you ever heard the whip-por-wil? Very eerie!

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    I have an aunt who lives 3500 miles away from me, so I can count on one hand the number of times I've met her. When lil Rose was around 3, she sent her a Barney doll, who had over 1,000 recorded messages in him. Anyway, if he was still for a certain length of time, he would turn himself off (he turned Mr. Rose and me off immediately .....my aunt is a very sweet woman, but really we could have done quite well w/o having to listen to Barney over and over). We put her to bed, with him sitting on her dresser, and a little while later, she came screaming down the hall that he was scaring her (smart kid ), so we put him in her closet and shut the door. As Mr. Rose and I were getting ready for bed, hours later, we heard this weird noise coming from her room. We opened the door wider and realized Barney was chattering up a storm (still on the upper self in her closet )...fortunately lil Rose was asleep. We took him out of her room, and just set him on our bathroom counter. Well, in the middle of the night, we were awakened by Barney laughing that maniacal laughter of his, saying things like "Find something blue. Good job. Now find something red." I told my husband, if his eyes start flashing red, I'm out of there! I called Mattel the next day, and they had us mail him to them, and unfortunately, they sent a new one. I've always wondered what happened to that Possessed Barney.
    Too Funny Roses! Barney is a bit scary to begin with.

We have a Little People's Farm that is up in my daughter's closet. I often wake up during the night to hear the animals making their noises.

Rose! My kids have a toy school bus that would go off for no reason. It had coloured shapes and buttons you could press to hear music. You would walk by the toy box, and suddenly this robotic voice would say "Find...the...blue...square." Or suddenly start playing "Wheels on the Bus". It accidentally got left out on the deck in the rain this summer and has been forever silenced. I hope.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I hide batteries - there I said it. Yes I'm the mean mom that hides batteries so the toys won't drive me insane. If toy makers would make a shut off switch that only adults could turn back on it would save me time and effort (unscrewing all of those back plates is a pain)
    My daughter has a fisher price railroad and the damned thing will crow like a rooster at 3 am because something shifted in the toybox.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

As my friend Boredom would say "Barney is evil! Hide the children."

I went to see the movie "The Grudge" on Friday night and I was well-prepared for it. The one thing I wasn't though was for the preview of the new...
    Chucky movie.

He terrifies me so much! I know, a little doll, whatever but...
    That voice! That name! *runs away like in scary movies, but Chucky is still chasing me* He's faster than the wind!

I'll be hiding under here if you're looking for me.

+ Reply to Thread