+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 75 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: What Creeps you out?

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulahbaby
    Ugh, gives me the heebie Jeebies thinking about the website. Being the Good Catholic girl that I am :wink It scared me sh******.

Now about that scorpion...AWWWWWW...ICK!

Was living in Roswell creepy, GreenGuysMama? Ya know all that alien stuff>>>
    Hey, Tall!

I have another quote a gay boyfriend attributed to Talluluh Bankhead for you, though I do not know if it is true. But it's funny because martinis are our favorite drink. Maybe you can confirm? If not, that's cool too.

"I have a terrible memory for names. I once called a dear friend of mine Martini. It turned out her name was Olive."

The scorpion was really a beautiful creature. If I had met it outside I would not have been creeped. I would have observed it and avoided close contact. Having one in my living room creeped me out big time. And having my little cat think it was a toy panicked me. My little cat is not the sharpest tool in the shed. Thinking it could have stung him really took me almost to the edge of hysterics!

Roswell was interesting, and I went there with the express reason of investigating the alleged 1947 UFO crash. I traveled all the way from New York with four pets in an aging van. I met many wonderful people and some who were intimately involved with the crash, including Glenn Dennis, who in 1947 was a young mortician who supplied the Roswell Army Air Force base with three child-sized coffins, supposedly for the alien bodies. When he delivered them he met up with a nurse he had known previously, who had been present at the alleged autopsies. He is an interesting gentleman, and I do mean a "gentleman" of the old school. He was totally gracious.

Roswell has capitalized on the UFO craze. Everywhere you go there, there is alien stuff. Alien mannequins in the windows of shops, stores and cafes based on the alien theme. Even the Wal-mart had a painted alien family on their windows going shopping, complete with an alien baby in the shopping cart. Of course there is the International UFO Museum and Research Center, which Mr. Dennis runs along with Mr. Walter Haupt, who was the journalist who broke the story with the famous headline. I was not able to meet with Mr. Haupt, unfortunately.

Every year in July Roswell has a celebration of the alleged crash, which is a riot. I was lucky enough to be there for one. The population of the town doubles at least. I was privileged to wait on Dr. Stanton Friedman at the restaurant I worked in at the tiime. He too was extremely gracious, and funny too. He often appears in programs about UFO's and is known as a de-bunker of bogus stories. I just fell in love with him. I groveled so bad that by the time their dinner was over, his friends were calling me "Stanton's girlfriend". He is much funnier and lighter in person than he appears on TV.

Roswell itself is not creepy. It's just a regular town, very pleasant, very clean, although quite isolated geographically. The folks there are pretty nice. Most are not obsessed with aliens or the crash. They just go about their lives. But in my research and writing, I met with a number who had either been alive at the time, as well as newer folks who moved there because of the alleged crash. I got many viewpoints. I met with one man who had been alive at the time and knew Mr. Dennis and basically said it was all bunk. I interviewed another lady who was a child at the time who swore it was real. She remembered being told by military authorities that "the desert is a big place, and if you talk, you and your whole family could disappear." I believe she was around six years old at the time. So I got conflicting reports.

My research was very interesting and the folks I talked to were interesting too. It was a unique experience.

I believe it is important to get the thoughts of the people who were alive at the time down. They are dying off. The ones who were alive and can testify to the events are dying. It's like Holocaust survivors; we must preserve their memories. In the case of the 1947 crash, we must preserve what the people who were there remember. In order to preserve whatever truth there is to the event, we must preserve the truth of the people who lived through it.

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    The hospital gives me the creeps. Especially its weird smell.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Funeral homes!

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    And that too. It just give me the goosebumps.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

I just went out on the back deck to water my flowers a while ago. One great big pot has a reservoir on the bottom for extra water. I was filling it while leaning really close to see when the water level was right. Suddenly a little reptilian head emerged from inside. A little frog had gone in there where it was cool and damp. I cleared the deck rail with many feet to spare.

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Muduh!!!

GGM, wow your Roswell story sounds cool... Thanks for sharing
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

Thanks, Tall. I know not everyone is interested in the subject. But it was interesting to me, to hear the different stories.

FORT Newbie
    People who walk around in public in their bare feet and their feet especially when there feet are all black and dirty.
    Guys who walk around in public without a shirt. More often then not they are the type of guys who should never walk outside without a shirt.
    People who walk around with their birds on their shoulders or snakes around their necks .These people are also the type to not wear shirts and cruise around with no shoes on and they always seem to go to the same stores I do!!! :phhht
    It always gives me the shivers.

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    yeah, I second that Kitty....put shoes on PLEASE!!!!
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

I detest flip flips of all sorts. I do not care if they cost you $.99 or $99.00. They make everyone look gross and cheap and should be reserved for going to and returing from a pedicure. Now, a pretty pair of sandals that neither flip nor flop, love 'em.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

+ Reply to Thread