+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 75 FirstFirst ... 313233343536373839404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: What Creeps you out?

Clowns. Even if I know who is under the make-up I still have a panic attack. I have been this way since I was a baby and my parents and myself can not figure out why. They terrify me to wear if I even see a picture of one I get nightmares. Doesn't help that I am in college and my friends make fun of it :phhht

I hate clowns too, but I think it stems from me watching the first Poltergeist movie when I was a kid. Can't stand them. Thinking about it now is freaking me out. I also hate balloons, oh and porcelain dolls....especially the ones that have teeth.
    Ludicrous speed!

I'll tell you what creeps me out, the dentist. I have an appointment in an hour and I hate it. At least they have a T.V. there and I am going when Ryan Seacrest is on to add to the pain. 3 times a year I cry a little inside, twice is when I go the dentist and once is when I find out we have no more romaine lettuce. In case you didn't know I am nervous and am using corny jokes to get my mind off of it...

Poor clipse
    Hope it all went well....
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    I like reptiles Snakes are OK, but lizards are my favourite.
    Hi guys, I post on several other FORT threads but thought I'd check this out! AJane, I have a five foot long, 14 pound, 4 year old iguana, and he is my baby doll. He is not creepy or slimy. He is clean, intelligent, and dignified. That being said, lizards are VERY difficult pets to keep, and I advise doing weeks of research and making sure you can care for one properly before acquiring one. Igs can live for 20 years or more, so it's a big commitment. Also, get a qualified herp vet first. The worst time to find a vet is when you really need one. If you want an easy pet, get a cat. Herps are only for dedicated keepers.

What creeps me out: standing on the edges of tall buildings - even three stories. Eeeks! Driving across tall bridges - I feel like a big wind will come up and blow me off! Great big bugs. Little bugs are no problem. An inch longer or more will send me to the phone to call maintenance to come and remove it, while I stand on a chair and try to keep from shrieking like a crazy woman. Ouija boards, seances, and anything to do with exorcisms (in movies). "The Ring" I did not find scary, but I did find "28 Days Later" scary.

Here is a link someone posted on another FORT thread. I tried it and it scared the living crap out of me, as it did every other poster who tried it. Try it if you dare. You might want to do this in the light of day with supportive loved ones around you to ease the trauma. One poster said it sent her screaming under her desk chair - others had similar comments. It was posted under the "Messed Up Things You Find on the Web" thread (title might be a little off), page 3, I believe.

The original poster said to turn up the volume on your speakers, which I did, trustfully. When it really came on, I jumped about a foot into the air, turned the speakers off, and tried to calm my shaking. It is truly creepola.

http://njdsm.asocialdisease.com/subliminal.html

You know what creeps me out...? People who don't understand "personal space". People who stand too close to your face or breathe over your shoulder. The worst example of this happened last week while on vacation. My husband was carrying our 1 year old daughter through this outdoor shopping center. A man waved at her as we walked by. People do that all the time, no big deal...she usually glares back at them. Rather than continuing his work, he walk over to us, touched my daughter's arm and acted all goofy right in her face trying to make her laugh or smile. She completely pulled herself back and away from him and my husband also pulled her away yet he still kept trying to make her smile/laugh. I had to step in front of him and tell him to stop. He moseyed on back to where he was but when we walked back by again he tried to get in her face a second time. I put my hand in front of him and told him to stay back. It really shook me up. The thing is, people come up to her constantly. When out in public, she is very serious and doesn't smile at strangers. She is particularly stone faced with any man other than close family and friends. Because she looks so serious, people always try to make her smile and get in her face. It really does creep me out.

I guess I should add at home and with family and friends she is extremely lively and smiley...it's just around strangers.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    My biggest phobia is roaches. I saw one last night in the basement of my apartment building. Granted, it's dark and it's the laundry area (therefore damp), and also the boiler room is down there (I live in an old apartment. Not a creepy old roach motel ). I completely freaked out (hopefully I scared the little bugger to death!), and have not stepped on my floor since. I realize I'm too old and rickety to be crawling around from sofa to chair and making the leap to the bedroom, but I take no chances.

I calked every gap and plaster crack in my bathroom - it looks like toothpaste central in there. It is real calking, not actually toothpaste, btw.

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGuysMama

Here is a link someone posted on another FORT thread. I tried it and it scared the living crap out of me, as it did every other poster who tried it. Try it if you dare. You might want to do this in the light of day with supportive loved ones around you to ease the trauma. One poster said it sent her screaming under her desk chair - others had similar comments. It was posted under the "Messed Up Things You Find on the Web" thread (title might be a little off), page 3, I believe.

The original poster said to turn up the volume on your speakers, which I did, trustfully. When it really came on, I jumped about a foot into the air, turned the speakers off, and tried to calm my shaking. It is truly creepola.

http://njdsm.asocialdisease.com/subliminal.html

Umm thanks GreenGuysMama... That was truly terrifying...Scared the hell out of me....I turned it off....

JD...I hate roaches too. Especially the flying ones in Hawaii! :phhht
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulahbaby
    Umm thanks GreenGuysMama... That was truly terrifying...Scared the hell out of me....I turned it off....

JD...I hate roaches too. Especially the flying ones in Hawaii! :phhht
    Tall, your reaction is typical! Every one of the posters on the other thread felt the same way. Wasn't it just the creepiest? I wanted my mommy! I turned off my speakers in one second! I never listened to the whole thing. I couldn't bear it.

I live in Albuquerque, NM, now. But I lived in Roswell for a few months prior. One night I came home from work, very tired. I made myself a cocktail and settled down to watch TV for an hour or so before bed. I noticed my little cat, Lucky, playing with something on the floor of the living room. To my utter horror, it was a scorpion! It was actually kind of beautiful, all glossy black. It was between 6-8 inches long. Lucky thought it was a toy and was batting at it. (Lucky is kind of clueless.) I put an ice bucket over it and slid a cardboard underneath and took it out to the back lot and let it go. I was so creeped out. Maybe it was not poisonous to me, but it could have been to Lucky, who weighs only 10 lbs. It was utterly creepy. Meeting a scorpion outside is one thing. Having one saunter through one's living room is quite another.

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Ugh, gives me the heebie Jeebies thinking about the website. Being the Good Catholic girl that I am :wink It scared me sh******.

Now about that scorpion...AWWWWWW...ICK!

Was living in Roswell creepy, GreenGuysMama? Ya know all that alien stuff>>>
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

+ Reply to Thread