+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: What Creeps you out?

David Hasslehoff videos.

There are other things, but really - the videos are enough.

That new Cat in the Hat movie.

I don't know why, but that cat is just creepy looking. Whenever I see the commercial I'm reminded of the movie The Shining when Jack Torrence was hallucinating that he saw people from a masquerade party the hotel had years ago with people dressed up in costumes. (I haven't seen the movie in a few years but weren't they in some sort of animal costumes?)
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Freaking spiders (and to a less extent, any kind of creepy crawly bug, but especially spiders). Whenever I see one crawling around the house, I immediately go into "evil spider must die" mode and stomp it about 6 times until it's not even recognizeable as a spider anymore. Then I get almost a whole roll of toilet paper to scoop up the gooey remains. I don't want it coming back to life, getting through the TP, and biting me. Then I flush it and close the toilet lid for a while in case it comes back to life, swims up through the pipes and gets out of the water for revenge.

I'm also scared to death of bees, wasps, or any stinging insect. I won't even try to kill them, just sit there in fear and pray they don't sting me. But still not as afraid of them as I am of spiders. Good thing I don't live in the tropics. Sure, the weather is great, but imagine having a tarantula the size of the family dog crawling across your kitchen floor? How the hell are you going to kill that thing?
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Princess
    I'm sooooo with you YA!!

waywyrd-large black dogs are supposed to be harbringers of death. Maybe that's why they give you the willies.

I'm sure I'll be back to this thread often because I'm creeped out by everything. Mostly bizarre things that everyone else thinks I'm a fruit cake for being creeped out by.

I have a really weird thing where I won't allow myself to look out windows at night or look in mirrors in the dark. I do everything possible to avoid doing it. For some reason, I'm afraid that someone might be looking back at me and I don't think I could survive the shock.

I also had a friend in college that got messed up on acid (we eventually had to get her parents involved and get her into rehab). Anyway, after this psycho had dropped acid for about 2 weeks in a row, we found her curled up in the fetal position in her room, freaking out. The room was lit by about 50 candles and she had drawn weird things all over the walls in lipstick. When we asked her what was going on, she started screaming and said that by putting two mirrors opposite each other in the room, she had created a passageway for demons and they were trying to suck us all in. Her strange markings supposedly kept them from doing that (I just took one of the stupid mirrors down :rolleyes )
    Even though she was obviously off her nut, she scarred me for life and I always make sure not to have two mirrors facing each other in a room.

White creamy soup (actually any kind of soup)

Clowns are definitely up there too.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Princess
    I believe that must have been scary, SG. {hugs}
    White creamy soup (actually any kind of soup)
    Very interesting... care to share why?

Quote Originally Posted by Modesty
    Very interesting... care to share why?
    I think my reasoning is too disgusting to share in a PG-13 forum
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    I think my reasoning is too disgusting to share in a PG-13 forum
    My non PG-13 mind is running amok.
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

Princess
    And you have something against that, SG? *raises eyebrow* (hoping I'm guessing correctly...)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple
    but imagine having a tarantula the size of the family dog crawling across your kitchen floor? How the hell are you going to kill that thing?
    Rule #1 for living in the tropics: Never try to kill anything bigger than your shoe.
    A very long-handled broom works for many things, but huge insects and very large spiders give me the willies, but only since living in the tropics for a couple of years. I'm quite sure that I was fine with just about everything while getting my degree in zoology.
    I found a praying mantis in my car a few years ago and had to have my mother come out and get it out for me.

Clowns and mimes are way up there.

Where most people have problems with fingernails on the blackboard, the sound/feeling that sends chills down my spine is feeling or hearing the ribs on a guitar string, or those old 3-D pictures, and some fabric or nylons. Ugh!

Oh yeah, brussels sprouts really creep me out.
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

+ Reply to Thread