+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 75 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969 ... LastLast

Thread: What Creeps you out?

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Rest assured, Amanda. Maggots only feed on "dead" stuff. Medicinal maggots have three actions: 1) they debride (clean) wounds by dissolving the dead (necrotic), infected tissue; 2) they disinfect the wound, by killing bacteria; and 3) they stimulate wound healing.[QUOTE]
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    When you are eating and you suddenly found out that on your food, there are some unwanted guests (e.g. ants, worms, flies) and you realise that you have been eating that food for a long time and that there could be a group of them and now they are all in your stomach. Another 1 is while you are dining out, you find in the food, alot of hairs from the chef... Wow... That's nice... Extra ingredients !

Quote Originally Posted by Harmoj
    Last year when I was moving out of my apartment, we found a nest of spiders hatching on my window. We pulled the blind up and out comes all these baby spiders. I won't pull a blind up to this day without a pang of fear.
    That happened to my sister with an umbrella once. My mom had left the umbrella on our porch to dry out. It didn't rain again for several weeks and she never remembered to bring it in. Well, my sister and I were going somewhere on a rainiy day and were fighting (as was our way) over the umbrella. She finally wrested it from my hand, opened it with a big, "HA!" and about a hundred baby spiders fell out all over her head
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

First off, I LOVE bugs, however this happened to me about 4 months ago.

I was in bed listing to one of my books on tape. I felt something move against my thigh and thought it was perhaps one of my cats. It happened again and when I reached down, I felt something long and hairy. I jumped out of bed, grabbed my magnifier and there was a 5 inch long centepede, IN MY FREEKIN' BED. I got a container, scooped that little critter up, and kept him as a pet for a few days, until he ESCAPED. I swear to you in all that is holy that I am not making this up. Thank God, I didn't get stung. Now, everytime when of my cats rubs up against me, I jump.

Spiders! Don't like em!

Bee's, Yellow Jackets-Never been stung nor any plans to be...

Cockroaches-Since living here in the Bay Area I haven't seen any but
    In Hawaii where I am from, the island has flying roaches. No kidding!
    These buggers flies and sometimes goes after you!....Having them crawl all over your body. I just can't handle that.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    That happened to my sister with an umbrella once. My mom had left the umbrella on our porch to dry out. It didn't rain again for several weeks and she never remembered to bring it in. Well, my sister and I were going somewhere on a rainiy day and were fighting (as was our way) over the umbrella. She finally wrested it from my hand, opened it with a big, "HA!" and about a hundred baby spiders fell out all over her head

Aaaaaagh! aaaaaaaaaaaagh!!!!! I HATE spiders!!! Once in my last apartment I was in the shower, without contacts or glasses so I couldn't see well, but I looked down and even half-blind could see this HUGE spider right by my feet!! I jumped out and whacked the sh*t out of that sucker with a shampoo bottle. I had to STUFF it down the drain. Errrg, now I've got the shiveries.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    Once when I was 9 or 10, I went to a day camp during the summer. here was a big hill right next to the camp, and we were allowed to build forts on it. Once I was getting some bark for my fort and I felt something hit my arm. I looked up and didn't see anything unusual, but when I looked down, there was A WHOLE BUNCH OF BEES!!! It was really scary.

I told a girl about it and she was like, "Ooh, where are the bees?" and I pointed to the place where I found them, and she went down there and got stung four times.
    Last edited by SurvivorGirl; 11-26-2003 at 12:24 AM.

Dex
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    Aaaaaagh! aaaaaaaaaaaagh!!!!! I HATE spiders!!! Once in my last apartment I was in the shower, without contacts or glasses so I couldn't see well, but I looked down and even half-blind could see this HUGE spider right by my feet!! I jumped out and whacked the sh*t out of that sucker with a shampoo bottle. I had to STUFF it down the drain. Errrg, now I've got the shiveries.
    I can't help but remember what chrelsey said earlier in this thread about the show in which the woman washed the spider down the drain but each time it came up bigger... urgh *shivers* but I'm sure your spider is quite dead by now, Lucy

Quote Originally Posted by SurvivorGirl
    Once when I was 9 or 10, I went to a day camp during the summer. here was a big hill right next to the camp, and we were allowed to build forts on it. Once I was getting some bark for my fort and I felt something hit my arm. I looked up and didn't see anything unusual, but when I looked down, there was A WHOLE BUNCH OF BEES!!! It was really scary.

But what made it better was that I told a really stupid girl about it and she was like, "Ooh, where are the bees?" and I pointed to the place where I found them, and she went down there and got stung four times.
    That wasn't very nice :nono Just think if she had of been alergic...

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    Yeah, it did sound kinda mean, didn't it? Sorry about that and I edited it.

+ Reply to Thread