+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 75 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666 ... LastLast

Thread: What Creeps you out?

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    Ugh, I know. I also have to add all the 'raised by wolves' commercials that have come out lately. The ones that have the dude nursing from a wolf
    Those commercials are so disgusting, especially the nursing one. I was this close to sending a letter of complaint to the station or that subway place. Was it Quizno's?

I can't believe I left this one out.

The Oompa Loompas from Willy Wonka scared the hell out of me when I saw that movie as a kid. Who am I kidding? they still scare me. That had to be the creepiest movie ever. Forget The Exorcist or Friday The 13, that movie is the scariest I've seen. I don't even want to get started on the flying monkeys from The Wizard of Oz.

*FH curls into fetal position under his desk*
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

Leo
    Premium Member
    A Toyota commercial featuring Britney Spears (both herself and one of her songs).
    Last edited by Leo; 11-24-2003 at 09:45 AM.

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Non-Stop re-run of TV programmes... So freakin' boring !

Quote Originally Posted by FinallyHere
    The Oompa Loompas from Willy Wonka scared the hell out of me when I saw that movie as a kid. Who am I kidding? they still scare me. That had to be the creepiest movie ever. *
    I liked the movie but I know what you mean. Remember the part in the boat where he's whispering a little rhyme and the music is getting faster and faster and weird imagery is flashing by? Brrr!*shudder* Gives me chills to think about it.

Nausicaa-I think I have a foundation for my bunny fear (although I have owned a bunny but it had brown eyes).
    My dad used to read Watership Down to me and my sister when we were little and I liked the book. So, when an animated movie of it came out when I was about four, they took us to see it. My dad had always skipped the scarier parts of the book and they assumed that an animated movie would water those parts down as well (thsi was several years before Heavy Metal so the adult cartoon was not a familiar concept in movie theaters). Well, it scared the bejeezus out of me. One of the bunnies was psychic and whenever he would have a 'vision' he would freak out and start writhing on the ground screaming, "the blood! the pain! the blood!"
    There were also bunnies that fought and killed each other and it was all rather disturbing. My parents said that if they would have known it would give me a life long phobia, they would have taken me out of the theater.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I liked the movie but I know what you mean. Remember the part in the boat where he's whispering a little rhyme and the music is getting faster and faster and weird imagery is flashing by? Brrr!*shudder* Gives me chills to think about it.
    You had to remind me didn't you? Oh no now I'm thinking about the kid in the bubble (that was scene wasn't it?) Oh crap here come the oompa loompas again. Thanks a lot. Back to my fetal position.
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?

Nausicaa-I think I have a foundation for my bunny fear (although I have owned a bunny but it had brown eyes).
    My dad used to read Watership Down to me and my sister when we were little and I liked the book. So, when an animated movie of it came out when I was about four, they took us to see it. My dad had always skipped the scarier parts of the book and they assumed that an animated movie would water those parts down as well (thsi was several years before Heavy Metal so the adult cartoon was not a familiar concept in movie theaters). Well, it scared the bejeezus out of me. One of the bunnies was psychic and whenever he would have a 'vision' he would freak out and start writhing on the ground screaming, "the blood! the pain! the blood!"
    There were also bunnies that fought and killed each other and it was all rather disturbing. My parents said that if they would have known it would give me a life long phobia, they would have taken me out of the theater.

"The field... the field... it's covered with blood."

I saw that movie for the first time years ago (I think I was about 6 or so) when it came on one of the TV networks. Immediately I wanted to read the book, but I didn't get a chance until years later (junior high). Since then, WD has always been one of my favorite books. I try to go back and re-read it about once a year. Of course, the book is better than the movie, but the movie does a pretty good job of sticking close to the plot, though they changed some things around (like in the movie when Holly shows up at the Down, he's already visited Efrafa, and in the book he goes as an ambassador representing the rabbits of the Down). I even wrote a short spin-off story of my own featuring some of the rabbits from the book (and introducing a new rabbit based on... me, of course). A few of my favorite lines (from both movie and book):

Bigwig: "The Black Rabbit serves Lord Frith, but He does no more than His appointed task."

Frith, to Hazel: "Not a day goes by that a doe does not offer her life for her kittens. Or some young Captain of Owlsa, his own life in defense of his Chief. But there will be no bargain, Hazel. For what is, is what must be."

Bigwig: "Men have always hated us."
    Holly: "No, they just destroyed the warren because we were in their way."
    Fiver: "They'll never rest until they've spoiled the earth."

I've always wanted to get a pet rabbit and name him after one of the characters from the book.
    Last edited by Yellow Apple; 11-24-2003 at 02:46 PM.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Silverfish

Quote Originally Posted by aMaZiN'RaCeGuY>
    Guys that don't suit long hairs, with long hairs...
    I can't stand long hair guys that part thier hair in the middle and have a ponytail.I think that looks creepy.
    FANTASIZE!!!!!! It's better than the real thing.

Oh jeezus, I'm glad I didn't see that movie, nor read that book. It sounds freak-ay!

Rabbits with pink/red eyes (usu. New Zealand White) are actually very sociable and outgoing. Plus, they are quite big, and perfect for cuddlin'. Perfect pets if you have young 'uns, ya know.

+ Reply to Thread