+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 75 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464 ... LastLast

Thread: What Creeps you out?

The dentist of course, I absolutely HATE the dentist. Every time I go I have to take valuim before hand to calm my nerves. I also hate large bodies of water. Swimming pools, oceans, lakes, anything that is deep. I have always been very scared of water and drowning.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkieparrot
    Another song- Every Breathe you take I LOVE that song, but the lyrics.. are a little.. odd
    classic stalker lyrics...

Every breath you take/every move you make/every step you take/every move you make/I'll be watching you.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joeguy
    Funny, I fall asleep in the dentist chair, even as a kid.
    I did that once when I was about 7. I was getting a cavity filled and I was on laughing gas and I fell asleep. Unfortunately, it was only for about 2 minutes and I didn't miss anything.

To me, that's like Sarah McLachlan's Possession, taken from a stalker's letters to her:

And I would be the one
    To hold you down
    Kiss you so hard
    I'll take your breath away
    And after, I'd wipe away away the tears
    Just close your eyes, dear . . .

It's freaky if you think about it. I love the song, it's so ethereal, but the words are definitely creepy.
    If God is a DJ--life is a dance floor
    Click here to team up with FansOfRealityTV to help fight cancer!
    Watashi wa, sekai wo kaeru.

I actually don't have a fear of dentist at all. I had to fight with my dentist when I didn't want to be put under to have my wisdom teeth removed. I told him I just wanted him to numb it and cut them out They fought me tooth (no pun intended) and nail to use general anesthetic.What's so hard to understand? I don't want to be put under, so what? Then they were all gathered around the chair holding my hand and stuff like I was going to pass out. :rolleyes

Which brings me to what I *am* creeped out by. I am really creeped out by anesthetic of any kind (especially general ) The worst part of giving birth for me was the epidural. They tried to stop my labor the entire first day, so I was actually in labor for 32 hours. It was a breeze compared to the three minutes they spent putting in the epidural. I was completely *freaking*!!!
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    I had to fight with my dentist when I didn't want to be put under to have my wisdom teeth removed. I told him I just wanted him to numb it and cut them out
    Wow...you are very brave! I dread the day I have to get those out.

Yeah. Me too. I hate the idea of getting teeth pulled.

My dentist doesnt do it gently. When I went to the dentist when I was 8 or 9 to get a tooth pulled because it wouldnt fall out, she just asked me why I didn't just pull it out, and I said "because it hurts." Then she told me to open my mouth so she could look at it and she reached in and pulled it out. It hurt like hell.

When I got my first filling (that was only like 2 months ago) they did it all gently and made sure I was numb enough. But just last week I went in for a check up and they said "lets just fill 3 cavities while you are here" . SO I thought, it cant be that bad. But this guy was not gentle, and did not wait until it was frozen, he just kept giving me needles. I had SEVEN needles in total. By the time I was all frozen, I was completely frozen from my forehead to my neck! And then when he was doing the actual job he was so sloppy.

I dont mind the actual dentist now that I have the valuim, but I hate the smell. That smell of the latex gloves and the bite wings they put in your mouth. Every time I smell anything like that it just gives me the creeps all together!

On the whole dentist thing: As a little girl, I could give a crap less about the whole experience. It never bothered me at all. Now as a 31 year old it terrifies me. I start shaking uncontrollably as soon as I enter the waiting room. I have no idea why. I've never had a bad dental experience. I also have horrible nightmares about my teeth falling out.

Something else that really creeps me out are the Oompa Loompas from Willy Wonka. Nothing against little people - just the orange makeup with white hair and overalls. And I could never get their freaky song out of my head.

+ Reply to Thread