+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How do you get a burst of energy?

If you are near a Trader Joe's or a health food store, grab something called "fruit leather". Or visit a website (http://www.stretch-island.com/). They help me during that 3-4PM slump. They are like fruit roll-ups, but are 100% natural and quite tasty.
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

FORT Fogey
    Mountain Dew gets you realllllllllly hyper (epsecially if you've had 2 in one night ) but then you get really tired, which of course is good for sleepovers, but bad for any other time.

Am I the only one who feels good after exercising? I'm not talking about running 5 miles, but after a nice set of liners/sprints and maybe finishing it off with crunches or pushups, I feel SO great. What a great feeling, knowing that you just ran that much and survived.

I take emergen-c, too. I woke up with a cold today, and it's been quite helpful.

Do not take ephedra, in any form. Ephedra is currently under investigation.

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    I take a power nap for a burst of energy...A little 30 minute nap with have me nice and refreshed!
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzer
    Oh I wish exercise made me energized, but it don't! I actually need this thread today...
    Exercise is counter-productive; it may keep me awake temporarily, but it makes me even more tired/sleepy afterwards.

Instead of fighting nature, I like to give my body what it craves; I "power nap" for about 15-30 minutes. I find just closing my eyes for 15 minutes, even if I don't fall asleep, helps to refresh me.

However, I don't like to nap too long in the middle of the day, otherwise I can't sleep at night. So I don't nap lying down; I just close my eyes for 15 minutes sitting in a comfortable chair in the office library, lounge or my car (or anywhere quiet).
    Last edited by Bill747; 11-20-2003 at 01:54 AM.
    "The greatest myth in the world is that beauty equals goodness." Leo Tolstoy

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Yeah another power napper! Bill, same with me, if its longer than 30 minutes i wont be able to sleep thru the nite.
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

Thanks! These are all great ideas and will hopefully be helpful to others as well. I'm not familiar with some of the products mentioned but, I can't have caffeine. I just got out of class after 1:30 a.m. and I have to work tomorrow a.m. This schedule is part of the reason I'm always so tired. This weekend from Friday until Sunday, I will be doing school work most of the day and night (such a fun life--not). Years ago, I took caffeine pills with cups of coffee and it was not a good thing!

Keep the suggestions coming.

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Coke does help. Coffee too. Besides that, you might need to take a break or refresh your mind with happy thoughts. Think of an exciting place that you want to go... Then promise yourself you will go there after your work... You will feel more refreshed, more energetic... For me, I haven't work yet, but I am a pretty energetic person...

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    Coke, Pepsi, anything with caffeine. But it sometimes makes you more tired afterwards.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123