+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Your Ringtones

I have mine set to ring as loudly as it can, since the vibrate seems weak on my Nokia, and I'm slightly hard of hearing.

If they were louder, I would use a ringtone. I always got a kick out of Lady Marmalade. The Classical ones are also winners with me.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

I have a Treo and use a "classic phone" ringtone. It sounds just like an old-fashioned phone ringing. I like it because it's loud. Most of the time I have my phone set to silent/vibrate mode, but when I put the ringer on, I want to be able to hear it. And in the age of music-related ringtones, it kind of freaks people out to hear an old-timey phone ringing!

I just have mine on vibrate and a normal ringtone. I don't use my cell much, and when I had a song for a ringtone I never noticed it going off in my purse. I am sure I drove people nuts....but my ear just wasn't tuned to listen for it. Geez, I am old I guess.

I have 3 ringtones for normal use. My standard is the theme from Magnum, P.I. When my boss, Charles, calls, it rings Charles In Charge. And when my troublemaking friends call, it plays The Real Slim Shady.

...when my troublemaking friends call, it plays The Real Slim Shady.
    Love it, love it! Should have thought of it myself.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Oops, I forgot the ringtone for when my wife calls. "Brown Eyed Girl", by Van Morrison (or Jimmy Buffett, depending on your tastes)

Ring tones are soooo much fun. During football season I have mine set to Hail To the Victors (I should set that now since the University of Michigan ladies softball team just won the National title). Anyhoo - during Christmas I play Frosty the snowman or Jinglebells. Hubby's # ring is Babylove. Everyone else rings to a really loud ring that came with the phone.

Leia-Jakita-Arendt OnMyLunchBreak's Avatar
    My standard ringer is the polyphonic version of Rapper's Delight from Grandmaster Flash.

My special ringer is the polyphonic Strange Love from Depeche Mode.

For awhile I was signed up through T-Mobile for "Caller Tunes." It let you picked songs that people who were calling your would hear (instead of the standard ringing). But it was hard to keep up with and most of my friends and family said it was actually quite annoying and went on for too long before voice mail kicked in, so I got rid of it.

My dad has "Paint It Black" by the Rolling Stones as his ringtone. And until Sprint comes out with a Law & Order tone, my phone's still set to Sex and the City.

Quote Originally Posted by OnMyLunchBreak
    For awhile I was signed up through T-Mobile for "Caller Tunes." It let you picked songs that people who were calling your would hear (instead of the standard ringing). But it was hard to keep up with and most of my friends and family said it was actually quite annoying and went on for too long before voice mail kicked in, so I got rid of it.
    Somehow T-Mobile decided to give me Caller Tunes on a trial basis without letting me know, and everyone who called me got some kind of hip-hop song that just went on forever. I use my phone for work as well as personal use, and I believe this went on for awhile before anyone mentioned it to me. I think the business callers just thought I was a little wacky or something. I called T-Mo to see what the deal was, and it took them awhile to figure out what was going on. I told them to remove it and never, ever put it back on my phone.

+ Reply to Thread