+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Your Ringtones

Uh-huh..yeah..riiiight... Warhol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by happybanana
    I long for the days of the simple "ring ring". :rolleyes My current cell phone has a bunch of those polyphonic ring tones that I hate, and it only has one REMOTELY normal ring, and it's more like PRRRING PRRRING than RING RING. Very annoying and frustrating. I've actually considered changing my cell phone only to get one that has a normal ring.
    Since your phone can utilize polyphonic ringtones, you can easily download one that sounds like a "normal" telephone. That's what I did (with my "old phone" ringtone).

Leo
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by happybanana
    I long for the days of the simple "ring ring". :rolleyes My current cell phone has a bunch of those polyphonic ring tones that I hate, and it only has one REMOTELY normal ring, and it's more like PRRRING PRRRING than RING RING. Very annoying and frustrating. I've actually considered changing my cell phone only to get one that has a normal ring.
    What phone model do you have? It shouldn't be too hard to find a ringtone that sounds similar to what you want.

I would like to reassure you all out there -- I keep my phone silent when it needs to be silent.

I had my cellphone in 2001. I change it my ringtones a lot, but one does not change -- the "imperial death march" (darth vader's theme from star wars) tone. whenever i hear that tone i know my parents are calling

I had "funky town" until my phone died. Unfortunately, I could rarely hear it, no matter how high the volume was turned up. So on my new phone, same model, I have one of the pre-loaded rings that sounds more like a regular phone. Mostly, I leave it on vibrate, though.
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

Off topic, but just a wee bit...

What really drives me crazy is not the various ringtones, but another trend that's so popular now. I HATE it when I call a cell phone and instead of hearing the traditional ringing sound as I wait for them to pick up, I hear a song instead. Aside from the fact that I hate having to listen to songs that I ... well, hate ... I hate hearing that instead of a ringing.

I want to hear the actual ring sound to assure my conditioned mind that the person I'm calling is indeed getting the call, and that I'm not in some kind of 'hold music hell'. My sister has that. I know it's still ringing thru on their end, but when I can't hear the actual rings, it drives me nuts, and by the time the person I'm calling picks up the phone, I'm in a really #&$* mood.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

meu
    Okay, here's a dumb question; I don't own a cell phone and what I want to know is, are "Ringtones" only for cell phones?

I have heard lots and lots of different sounds from other people's cell phones and some are nice and some drive me crazy or scare me to death.
    Imagine a quiet room and suddenly some LOUD noise comes from somewhere. It is off-putting to say the least especially if you are in a theatre or a doctor's office or somewhere else where you are not expecting the sound.

Does everyone who has a cell phone need to get specific "ringtones" or do they come with a normal ringing sound?

I told you it was a dumb question...but that's what happens when a person has never owned a cell phone.
    https://www2.xlibris.com/bookstore/bookdisplay.asp?bookid=27335

Well, most cell phones have at least a few ring tones loaded. I know the default nokia one does not sound like a traditional phone, but you know when someone hasn't changed from the way it came. So, I guess the answer is, that everone could have the same ring tone if they wished, but if there are a few people around with cell phones, it's nice to recognize that it's your phone ringing.

Polite people in a doctor's office would either turn their phone off or silence it.

I'm not sure what else you would put a 'ringtone' on besides a cell phone.
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

Some catchy techno song. I originally wanted DJ Jean's "The Launch," but I changed my mind. I'm going to change it to the chorus of U2's Vertigo.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar
    I just got a Tracfone recently. I set the ringtone on "La Cumparista".

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    I think ring tones are fun...certain ones make me laugh.....

I have "Barbiegirl" by Aqua on mine (surprised? )

I also have "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy" ringtone assigned for my girl friend when she calls---girl's night out thing
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

+ Reply to Thread