+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Your Ringtones

Well, since dropping my cell phone into the ocean this past week (see the "Talk About Your Troubles" thread ), I have spent the last couple of days looking for ringtones for my NEW phone! For my standard "everyone" ringtone, I am using the one I had on my previous phone, which is "Redneck Woman," however, I've been looking for one for when Mr. C calls. On my old phone it was "Basket Case" by Green Day, but I went with a new one today for him - Kenny Chesney's "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy" . . . which, of course, I do!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

Mine is "Start Me Up" by the Stones. I have the "Friends" theme song for one of my friends and some other tones for family. I get bored and change around though.

Mine is usually the intro to the song New Slang by The Shins. The part with the oooOOOOoooooo OOO ooo OO oooo. Yeah, you can't type that.

Anyway, when I call my husband it plays Opportunities by the Pet shop boys. Better known as "The Beauty and the geek theme song" :-p
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Mine is the theme to American Idol.

I had forgotten to put it on vibrate and it rang while I was on my desk phone. The guy on the other line thought I must have been at home watching TV.
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

I may have missed a specific Cell Phone thread but I went all the way back to 12/05 and only found THIS one, so I'm tossing in a post here. If there is a thread I can't find (my using FoRT's search engine never results in a found thread for me ) then please move it to the appropriate place.

I need a new cell phone---STAT! The piece of crap LG that I own is one level above two tin cans and a piece of string. Sally has the same one and her screen blanked out over a year ago. Now, mine is doing that or just shutting itself off entirely. Since I run my entire business off of my phone, I need to dial out, see who's dialing in and have access to a working phone: 24/7!

So, I went to my Cingular Office and was informed by the salesperson and several phone websites that NOKIA is the best for non-dropped calls, endurance and just general excellence. I can't argue with that because my first cell phone---ever---was a NOKIA that I had for 7 years.

I'm trying to decide, (with no success), between two styles of one and the price difference is wild:

The first one: the NOKIA 6102 sells for $39.99 and has a camera/video; data access and 4.4 MB of internal memory. It gets GREAT reviews.

The second one: the NOKIA 6682 sells for a whopping $199.99!!! It also has camera/video; but NO MENTION ANYWHERE OF IT'S STORAGE CAPACITY and it also has "Bluetooth". (insert *crickets chirping in background*) I went onto the Bluetooth (TM) page and read about it. My latest computer has Bluetooth technology but as far as I know, I've never used it...or maybe it's something that kicks in when you use a wireless modum. This phone also has an MP3 player, whereas the former phone has an FM radio, neither of which I see myself using, but I could be very, very wrong on that issue. This phone had 27 pages of virtually 5 star reviews but the reviewers were pretty darn sophisticated with technology. My level of knowledge is a notch above pond scum.

On my current LG phone from AT & T, I use mymode daily: I always hook up to The Weather Channel and I also use it for go2movies dot com, but that's it.

So, Techies of FoRT: for a $169 dollar price difference between $199.99 and $39.99, is the Bluetooth and MP3 player worth it? Since I have Bluetooth on my VAIO, is this something that if I knew how to use it, it would be a valuable business asset? Or, is it like having mountain chains on a flat-lander car: complete overkill.

I want to get the phones by Wednesday so any opinions are welcome.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

The main thing bluetooth is used for is the earpiece - no cords. I use mine quite a bit, but I travel a lot. If you don't often talk on an earpiece, then you don't really need bluetooth.

As for the MP3 player, you'd have to get the songs onto your phone. Either by downloading them (at a cost per song that's pretty outrageous) from the phone itself, or via a separately-purchased USB cable from your computer. Either way, if you don't use an ipod or listen to music too much, it's probably not going to justify the cost difference.

I personally have the LG vx-9800 ("The V") from Verizon. It flips open to a full qwerty keyboard, and a very large screen, and it's great for text messaging, which I do quite a bit of. And it's got a nice camera, which I also use. I don't even use the mp3 player that's built in, or any of the more "cool" functions. But it was $300.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    The main thing bluetooth is used for is the earpiece - no cords. I use mine quite a bit, but I travel a lot. If you don't often talk on an earpiece, then you don't really need bluetooth.

As for the MP3 player, you'd have to get the songs onto your phone. Either by downloading them (at a cost per song that's pretty outrageous) from the phone itself, or via a separately-purchased USB cable from your computer. Either way, if you don't use an ipod or listen to music too much, it's probably not going to justify the cost difference.

I personally have the LG vx-9800 ("The V") from Verizon. It flips open to a full qwerty keyboard, and a very large screen, and it's great for text messaging, which I do quite a bit of. And it's got a nice camera, which I also use. I don't even use the mp3 player that's built in, or any of the more "cool" functions. But it was $300.
    Hm-m-m, something new to consider: the earpiece. That would actually come very in handy at my job sites. No one told me that the Bluetooth would have that application, John.

The MP-3 player---can live without one, forever. When you have bobcats and jackhammers as your daily background "music", when would I listen to it?

I really liked my LG phone when I got it 2 years ago (think it's the 1120 or 1150). But, Sally's screens disappeared completely less than a year after owning it and mine are now beginning to disintegrate. I've powered off/powered on; I've taken out the SIM card, the battery...everything, trying to find out the problem. Truthfully, my phone has NEVER been dropped nor been immersed in water, two problem areas I could see creating this problem. I figured since we had identical phones with identical problems, it MUST be the phone.

My first cell was a NOKIA and that puppy lasted for 7 years. Now, that phone was dropped so much, I had duct tape holding it together during it's last years. It finally got so old, I couldn't replace the battery on it, hence the trade in to the LG.

Now, I have to figure out if the earpiece is going to be worth the $139.99 extra from the $39.99 model NOKIA.

Thanks for the input, John!

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Here's a challenge for all you bored people at work that are experts with search engines:

I got my new cell phone, a Motorola V557. I had purchased the Nokia 6102...for 2 hours...but it was such a piece of *crap* that I returned it immediately and got the Motorola, which is grand.

I'm trying to find the TWILIGHT ZONE theme to download onto my phone and CAN'T.FIND.IT....ANYWHERE!!!

I've done searches on Cingular, various websites, just typed in the request and what I end up with is a band called Twilight Zone, the "new" Twilight Zone theme or end up on sites that require me to register or pay a fee to even listen to the songs. Also, I keep finding U.K. sites but they only don't accept U.S.A. charge cards.

I've already downloaded the Buffy theme, the Hedwig theme and others from various sites but those sites don't list The Twilight Zone.

I feel that my clients deserve an other-worldly ring tone, to identify them.

If you're an expert searcher and bored out of your gourd, I'd appreciate your help!

Lambi.... here's a place that sells it for $2.99 (same as cingular's website), and it's good for the Motorola V557.

http://www.zingy.com/selectItem.php?kind=xt&code=06368

I can't listen to it here at work thanks to a beautiful firewall, but hopefully it's the old one.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Lambi.... here's a place that sells it for $2.99 (same as cingular's website), and it's good for the Motorola V557.

http://www.zingy.com/selectItem.php?kind=xt&code=06368

I can't listen to it here at work thanks to a beautiful firewall, but hopefully it's the old one.
    Soooooo close! Sooooo close!! When I clicked on the link, Broadway, it began brilliantly...TOTAL Twilight Zone. But then, it burst into this John William-esque fanfare that had absolutely-positutely nothing to do with the Twilight Zone....sigh. The music was from the movie, not the TV show.

Oh, well, you tried hard and you succeeded in finding me a link; it wasn't your fault it was for the movie edition (of which I've never heard of it.) When I have more down time to dig into this, I'll hopefully find it.

I appreciate the effort that you put into it, though, Broadway.

+ Reply to Thread