+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cars Suck

*BUMP*

Ok, maybe I'm wierd, but I'm dying to know what happened with the outcome.

Lean mean speedin machine AR Boy's Avatar
    Wow $150 for 2 hours? Park in a parking lot or a street not an air cond garage where they clean up your car every 10 seconds

Heh my Recaros came loose 2 months after fitting... the damn Recaro guy told me what to do and it didn't help... What happened after that was unincredible... thank god I didn't pay for what happened next... costed like US$6000 or some amazingly high amount to over come it and Recaro paid for it. I won't say what happened next... it's unbelieveable to everyone but me and my family
    Last edited by AR Boy; 02-20-2004 at 08:45 AM. Reason: typo

Holding down the FORT... Joe_Madre's Avatar
    My car is making this weird noise when I first start it up. It's like a clicking noise and it goes away after about 3-5 minutes. It drives me NUTS! Ugh...
    "Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru

Last Monday, after soccer practice, my 1994 Dodge Grand Caravan refused to start. It has not started since then. The service guys at the local dealership said it would cost $1600 to repair. We decided to put that amount down a new one instead. This is the first time I negotiated a new vehicle and I think I did pretty good. We got a 2004 Dodge Grand Caravan for a good price and a DVD player to boot. Woohoo!

Miss F, give us an update on your car.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Good for you, Feifer! I had my first negotiating-for-a-car-on-my-own experience last summer. It was so intimidating. But I did well, I think. So hopefully I can go years before I have to post here about weird noises coming from my car.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Lean mean speedin machine AR Boy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    Good for you, Feifer! I had my first negotiating-for-a-car-on-my-own experience last summer. It was so intimidating. But I did well, I think. So hopefully I can go years before I have to post here about weird noises coming from my car.
    what'd ya buy?

Quote Originally Posted by AR Boy
    what'd ya buy?
    2003 Honda Civic. Not exciting, I know. But hey, it's a stick shift. So I can *feel* racer-like.

*BUMP*

Yeah, call me looney, but I'm dying to know the outcome of MissF's ordeal.

*suddenly realizes I should just PM her*
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

on vacation
    You know what I hate about cars most? It's when you have trouble with it and have to take it someplace to get it fixed and the mechanic looks at you, (you being a girl, of course) and his eyeballs show dollar signs, that's what I hate!

Girls, you know what I'm talking about!
    Memo from God

I am God. Today I will be handling all of your problems. Please remember that I do not need your help.

DIB, I do indeed. Grrrr at all the mechanics who've tried to screw me, financially speaking. I had one tell me it would cost $500 to fix a scratch on my hood -- said he'd have to repaint the whole thing. I took it to another place and they buffed it out -- for free. So they're not all bad.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast