+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cars Suck

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    BF knocks head against computer -- d'oh!

Sorry to hear about your car MissF!!!

Glad to hear about your car Kylie
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

nlmcp, could be a ply separation in your tires making it shake.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Originally posted by Paulie
    What a rip, Miss F! The part about the warranty is especially galling. It always seems like cars are designed to fail as soon as that warranty lapses.

And, Kylie, you have a car? Doesn't everyone take cabs or ride bikes in NYC? Especially college students? Everything I learned about New York, I learned in the movies.
    I think in NY it is more than cheap enough to own the car. It's the parking of the car that will set you back a bit.

Last time I was in the city, I had a meeting on Park Avenue, and had to park my rental down town near the financial district. Cost me almost $150 for two hours....
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Thanks everyone about the wishes. Got a second opinion today and was told, (friend of the family) that I don't need to replace it immediately. It could still hold out for a few months. So.. I'm going to wait until after Christmas, use this sealer, and see how things are in the New Year.

He said that it could still last for another year, a tricky kind of situation where it might not be a problem at all.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

miss f. that happened with a car of mine. the head gasket needed to be replaced and i was around 250 miles past my warranty. i called my dad and he said, "call the place that sold you the car. bitch long and bitch loud." it actually worked and they replaced it for free. worth a shot.

Miss F., Let me add to Sher's suggestion. Ask for the top guy right off. This often gets things done quicker. You will not have to talk to everyone and tell your story 5 times. Just make sure that they know you are not going away until you get satisfaction. I may be the sweekiest wheel, but I get the oil baby!
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Originally posted by Paulie And, Kylie, you have a car? Doesn't everyone take cabs or ride bikes in NYC? Especially college students? Everything I learned about New York, I learned in the movies.
    I see you did learn everything from the movies. Many people have them. Honestly, mine just sits in the school parking lot (hey, at least it's free there pretty much except a yearly fee for having it there!). I just use it when I'm going somewhere a relatively long distance away. I don't ride bikes. (That would mess up my hair. )

*BUMP*

So.....whatever happened to the problem? Did you get it fixed for free? Do you still have the same car?

*sits at edge of chair waiting for the conclusion with anticipation*

Leo
    Premium Member
    This has to be the oldest thread brought out of the depths of this forum in a while

Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    This has to be the oldest thread brought out of the depths of this forum in a while
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast