+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Scrapbooking

My wife & I love to scrapbook on the computer. We started last summer after we got our digital camera. Now every 'event', we take pictures like crazy & arrange them into fun scrapbooks.

It's amazing whats out there. We started pretty simple, but have gotten better, and downloaded better computer programs, to make some killer designs. Plus we have our own photo printer, & it prints 8X11 letter size pages beautifully. We just filled our first binder full of a year's worth of scrapbooking pages.

Plus they make awesome gifts!!! My Mom's face lights up everytime we bring her one!!!
    I knew everything at 18, and know nothing at 38.
    I'm happier knowing nothing.

I am a big fan of creative memories. I have albums from three of my college years and I am working on the rest. I am currently unpacking and I am shocked by the amount of pictures that I need to get going on.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I'm glad I found this thread--I've been wanting to start scrapbooking for a long time but just don't know where to start!
    I love the idea of putting every Christmas into one book--that may be my first attempt!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeterFan;2128342;
    I'm glad I found this thread--I've been wanting to start scrapbooking for a long time but just don't know where to start!
    I love the idea of putting every Christmas into one book--that may be my first attempt!
    I have a special Christmas album and then I have our family album.

If you don't know where or how to start, check out Michaels, or other hobby stores, scrapbooking stores or several direct sales companies like Creative Memories. Most have classes that can give you a good basic start.

It's a lot of fun and its nice to have my pictures (the ones in albums that is ) in a place where we can look at and appreciate them without digging through boxes. And don't forget to journal (write in your books) because our memories fade and having the details jotted down with the pictures makes it truly a treasured memory book.

Good luck and welcome to the club!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    *waving* fellow scrap addict here! I go away to a scrap weekend twice a year - nothing like totally uninterrupted scrap time!!!

I used to use CM albums, but I am much more fond of toploading albums - makes scrapping out of order much easier (for example, it's easy to scrap stuff from 1998 followed by 2005 then 2001 then 2006 if you use toploading - very easy to rearrange.)

I'm more of a do-it-for-a-hobby type person. Lots of people I know just want to get the pictures in an album quick. I have no problem spending 4 hours on a 2-page layout. I'm anal about color matching - it really is a sickness

I currently have 8 books complete and going strong! Anyone have any favorite sites to purchase from? I love http://www.stampattic.com (have nice quickutz stuff if you use that) and one of my absolute faves is http://www.lifetimemoments.com

I might have to alter how I do my books, now that child #2 is here. I was doing them all for my oldest DD, never thinking we could have a sibling, but alas, DD2 is here and I have to realter my thinking for how to do my books.

I use Colorbok 12x12 albums and love them. Here are some of my layouts: http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid13605376

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by marybethp;2131772;
    *waving* fellow scrap addict here! I go away to a scrap weekend twice a year - nothing like totally uninterrupted scrap time!!!

I used to use CM albums, but I am much more fond of toploading albums - makes scrapping out of order much easier (for example, it's easy to scrap stuff from 1998 followed by 2005 then 2001 then 2006 if you use toploading - very easy to rearrange.)

I'm more of a do-it-for-a-hobby type person. Lots of people I know just want to get the pictures in an album quick. I have no problem spending 4 hours on a 2-page layout. I'm anal about color matching - it really is a sickness

I currently have 8 books complete and going strong! Anyone have any favorite sites to purchase from? I love http://www.stampattic.com (have nice quickutz stuff if you use that) and one of my absolute faves is http://www.lifetimemoments.com

I might have to alter how I do my books, now that child #2 is here. I was doing them all for my oldest DD, never thinking we could have a sibling, but alas, DD2 is here and I have to realter my thinking for how to do my books.

I use Colorbok 12x12 albums and love them. Here are some of my layouts: http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid13605376
    I do a couple retreats a year too. I am missing the one next weekend though and I'm bummed, but we have so much to do around here.
    I did a scrapping cruise in May. It was fun, but I'd not do another one. We got so much free scrap stuff and I mean enough that I needed an extra suitcase. But I kept thinking that I could be scrapping at home because there is so much that goes on on a cruise ship that I couldn't help but think I was missing out of the cruise experience by scrapping in a conference room. So glad I did it, had fun, but next time I will just take a regular cruise.

I know people that do a family album and then an album for each kid. I have an only child, so I don't have that problem. But from what I've seen, they do a nice job in all 3 books, using different pictures and not the same ones in each layout of each event that is covered in each book. LIke in her sons book, if its a trip, she will put pictures of mostly him in it and in the daughter's pictures with mostly her and in the family album it will be more comprehensive of the entire trip.

I don't order much online as I am surrounded by a bunch of stores that I need to stay out of as I have too much stuff anyway.

I use CM as I am ANAL about keeping everything chronological. I get teased about it, but if I get things out of order, I almost have a panic attack. I guess that is the "Monk" coming out in me.

I've been scrapping for 13 years and have done 40 + albums. 5 or 6 of those were gift albums, but the rest are my family albums and some special albums like Christmas, memorial, school for my daughter, a club album for me of a club I belonged too and the stuff we did, etc.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 12-31-2006 at 02:36 AM. Reason: lingo - changed "tho" to "though"
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Very nice layouts, marybeth. Wow, those look like professionally-done pages, and I'm going to steal some of your designs.

I don't really have any thing to add, but one of my co-workers is an avid scrapbooker and actually has written some books on it. She does some cool work. It's amazing how much time goes into them.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShrinkingViolet;2132001;
    Very nice layouts, marybeth. Wow, those look like professionally-done pages, and I'm going to steal some of your designs.
    Thanks!!
    I'm in a ribbon phase now - everything has ribbons on it somewhere.

I'm not a scrapbooker. I just upload everything to Flickr and share it with my friends and family. I admire all of you and the hard work you put into making such beautiful memories for your family. When my kids get married, I will give each a book of discs, or whatever the technology is then, that has all of their pics from birth on up. Here you go kids, I made these discs for ya.

+ Reply to Thread