+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 115

Thread: Scrapbooking

  1. #71
    clap clap clap sleepysluggo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    in oblivion
    Posts
    1,402
    *bump*

    I made a couple of scrapbooks several years ago, but I haven't done anything since. I've been meaning to make a wedding scrapbook, but I'm only now just getting around to it. My mother-in-law gave me a white 12x12 album, and now I'm just itching to get started. What's really great (or dangerous, depending on your POV ) is that there's a Michael's right across the street, and there's also an entire scrapbooking store not far from here. I've also been poking around online looking for wedding scrapbook ideas as well.

    I must say that scrapping is quite a bit of work, but it's still fun.

  2. #72
    An innocent bystander nlmcp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The mitten state
    Posts
    3,402
    It is fun. My goal in the next few weeks is to get this large table that is buried under my ex's things cleaned off and moved a bit and to set it up for scrapbooking.

    I haven't touched my books in months but I want to get a few books done and a cook book started.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

  3. #73
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    51
    Posts
    16,893
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepysluggo View Post
    *bump*

    I made a couple of scrapbooks several years ago, but I haven't done anything since. I've been meaning to make a wedding scrapbook, but I'm only now just getting around to it. My mother-in-law gave me a white 12x12 album, and now I'm just itching to get started. What's really great (or dangerous, depending on your POV ) is that there's a Michael's right across the street, and there's also an entire scrapbooking store not far from here. I've also been poking around online looking for wedding scrapbook ideas as well.

    I must say that scrapping is quite a bit of work, but it's still fun.
    I LOVE scrapbooking. It's addictive and the other hobby that goes with scrapbooking is buying scrapbooking supplies!

    Have fun. My wedding album was a fun one to do.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  4. #74
    Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Sunset Blvd
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,233
    My wedding album was the first thing I scrapped!!
    Ive been meaning to finish all of Duke's millions of baby pictures before the new baby comes But I dont tghink that is going to happen.

    Buying supplies is almost more fun than scrapbooking itself!!
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

    "Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

  5. #75
    FORT Fogey Corine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    1,465
    Ohh! I just found this thread! How fun.
    I love scrapbooking, I have recently started using CM and a CM consultant. I don't really like the albums for my scrapbooking although I will use one and all CM stuff for one subject. I like doing heat embossing, eyelets, brads etc and that will not work with their albums.
    I won a small album though and will use it and some done-in-one packs for an album I am making for my folks as a gift. (It is our trip this year to Disneyland for my daughters 4th birthday.)
    I would love to see examples of people's work. I love getting new layout ideas, and ways to use different media. I have never used rub ons either, but now maybe I will try!
    Is probably over in the transcribing thread for Big Brother til death do us part.

    "I don't trust that girl with a ten foot pole." - Annie
    Whhhhaaaaat? LMAO

  6. #76
    Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Sunset Blvd
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,233
    Corine, Ive never embossed, but I love love rub-ons! I started using eyelets and brads! I havent really used them until recently and I really like the look and effect they give.
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

    "Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

  7. #77
    FORT Fogey Corine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    1,465
    I love the heat embossing, I am working on a heritage album and I found this stamp that is like an old fashioned lace up granny boot, you know the type I mean? Well I stamp that on black paper with embossing ink and then sprinkle antique gold embossing powder and heat it with a heat gun. It looks amazing! I have only used it in the heritage album because I have had a hard time finding embellishments that fit the feel of the album I am making.
    I love brads and eyelets too!
    I am so glad I found this thread!!

  8. #78
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    51
    Posts
    16,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Corine View Post
    Ohh! I just found this thread! How fun.
    I love scrapbooking, I have recently started using CM and a CM consultant. I don't really like the albums for my scrapbooking although I will use one and all CM stuff for one subject. I like doing heat embossing, eyelets, brads etc and that will not work with their albums.
    I won a small album though and will use it and some done-in-one packs for an album I am making for my folks as a gift. (It is our trip this year to Disneyland for my daughters 4th birthday.)
    I would love to see examples of people's work. I love getting new layout ideas, and ways to use different media. I have never used rub ons either, but now maybe I will try!
    I only use CM albums and have for 13 years adn have done everything you describe above and haven't had a problem. Eyelets, brads, heat embossing. Who told you it wouldn't work? THe consultant? They are told by the company to discourage people from doing that in their albums because they want you to buy only from them and they don't do that stuff. I know I was a consultant for 3 years. But you can do anything in those albums you can do in any other. I think their albums are superior to any others I've seen and its not just because I was a consultant. It's from experience using others. CM and I did not part ways amicably, but I still use their products because while I had differences with my upline and unit and the home office, I still believe in their products.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  9. #79
    FORT Fogey Corine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    1,465
    No, no one told me that, it is just that each page is attached to the next page! How would I put an eyelet on one page and not go through to another? When you put it on another paper and then mount that it sticks out from the background, I suppose you could use it if you then used foam mounting to mount the cardstock with the brad on it. Or you could snap the prongs off of the back and just mount the head of the brad with a glue dot. When I use these methods with other pages each of my pages is an individual sheet of paper so I have no worries about affecting the next page.
    As for heat embossing I would worry that the page would warp, it appears to have plastic binding the edges of the pages.

  10. #80
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    51
    Posts
    16,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Corine View Post
    No, no one told me that, it is just that each page is attached to the next page! How would I put an eyelet on one page and not go through to another? When you put it on another paper and then mount that it sticks out from the background, I suppose you could use it if you then used foam mounting to mount the cardstock with the brad on it. Or you could snap the prongs off of the back and just mount the head of the brad with a glue dot. When I use these methods with other pages each of my pages is an individual sheet of paper so I have no worries about affecting the next page.
    As for heat embossing I would worry that the page would warp, it appears to have plastic binding the edges of the pages.
    I don't do it on the CM pages. I use other paper and then adhere it to the pages. Even if you have used toploading, the eyelets are going to be bumpy and stick out some. Are you getting your eyelets pounded flat enough? Same for the heat embossing. I do it on other paper.
    I "wallpaper" my pages. That is I usually cover the pages anyway with other paper. Not all the time, but when I use something special like eyelets or brads or embossing I do. If you use thinner paper than cardstock (like a lot of the printed paper is thiner than cardstock) the eyelets don't stick out as much.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.