+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Scrapbooking

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    I'm in a creative rut. Went to a crop for 12 hours a couple weeks ago and hated every page I did!

The only creative memories thing I still do is their albums, but once the 2 I have are used up, I'm going to top loading. My friend swears by Memory Makers 12x12.

I just bought the crop in style P3 to hold paper. I'm insane. I had a Michael's 50% coupon and a $50 gift card, so it only cost $20 cash, so it was worth it, but I'm a supply hound. I must stop buying supplies and actually work on my book!

I agonize for hours over a layout, but I'm okay with that. I'm in it for the hobby, not the "how many pictures can I get in a book" mode.

My latest obsession is those rub on's. OMG I just bought the Simply Stated alphabets and can't wait to use them!

My name is Mary Beth and I'm a scrapbooking addict. Hello Mary Beth

I ramble...

YAY a scrapbooking thread!

I've been MIA here for a few months, and just got back and looking around. It's good to be back!

I work in the scrapbooking department for a locally owned craft store chain. I've been scrapping for about 7 years now and I love it. I go through stages of not scrapping for a LONG time, and then doing it a bunch. I do samples at work about once a week, and get to see all the "new" stuff up close and personal, so that's fun. I am trying to be really good and not spend much money because I'm getting divorced and not going to have money to blow, but sometimes I have to splurge a little. Doing samples helps. Play with product, with no pain to my pocketbook. I have enough supplies to probably last through at least half of the ToN of pictures I have needing to be scrapped. Well paper anyway. I'm apparently out of adhesive. I sat down to do a Mom's Day card this morning and couldn't find any. So I used a stapler. Shhhh. Don't tell anybody.

When my husband moves out (May 27th YAY!) I get this "computer" room all to myself... can you say scrapbook central? At least I'll be motivated to get it all organized... with space.

I loooove the new rub on alphabets. Have you gotten the Heidi font? That was one of my splurges a few weeks ago. I got the small set in black and white. I haven't used them on my own pages yet, though. Haven't been in the mood or had the time to scrap.

I mainly scrap 8.5x11 size, but if I do a gift album, it's usually 12x12. I did get started on a 6x6 of my trip with my husband when we had just started dating to California, but once we started talking divorce... I kinda stopped. Hmm wonder why? LOL! I'll probably finish it though. It's easy to work with that size. I was using the CM-generic Westrim albums, but I've finally decided I don't like them so I'm going to switch, probably to the post bound.

The Making Memories stuff is so awesome. When we got in the newest stuff from HIA, people went nuts. About 2 weeks later it was April Fool's Day. MM sent out an email about having a customer security training program... because people went nuts in the stores fighting over their products.... I almost wondered if they *weren't* joking. LOL!
    Jecka
    "If you want your life to be a magnificent story, then begin by realizing that you are the author and every day you have the opportunity to write a new page." - Mark Houlahan

I haven't tried the rub on letters yet, I've heard about them but haven't tried them yet. I'm not really into the making memories line, I don't know why. Many of my friends love them but I can't get into it for some reason. I am thinking of doing a smaller book for the family pet series but I have been doing 12x12 pages as have the girls. I can see why getting a divorce slowed down the scrapbooking of the trip. That would be hard to journal, "here's the lovely mountian I went and saw with jerk face who I should have known by his da*n selfish behavior that day that I should have dropped that minute rather then marry the stupid SOB." Kind makes it hard to stay postive and upbeat. (or maybe that's just me)
    For my birthday my family got me a Generation's create a bag because I was using this old ripped canvas briefcase but I was outgrowing it. So I've been filling that and helping my 9 year old with her school project which seems to need most of my paper punches, paper cutters and any scrap of paper I can give up. I was thinking of going to the Great Lakes Mega meet this weekend I've heard it's great and you can spend tons and see all sorts of new things but with camp payments coming up and gas prices climbing, I'll make due with what I have for awhile.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    I need to get back into it. i havent scrapped in a couple of months...Ive been so busy, but my pics are getting backed up!! And my favortie scrapbook store just closed...
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

I just reread my post from this morning and it reads like I had WAAAAAY too much caffine.

I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

FORT Fogey
    CPR here! I need some suggestions We are doing a scrapbook as a going away present for one of our favorite professors, who is moving to Michigan after this term. We don't have a lot of pictures, but are going to include letters to her thanking her for all she's done for us. (Sentimental group, we are!) Does anyone have any suggestions for layouts that don't include photos? (I'm still fairly new to the craft. I got into it to scrapbook my recent vacation and got hooked on all the neat supplies. The scrapbooking aisles are liking walking into a candy store )

I did a book this year for a teacher who was retiring. For some pages all we had were notes. Other pages I had pictures of the kids and teachers and matched them to the notes we had. I put the notes on color paper (I used a mix of blue jean paper, yellow print and pink print) and used some stickers for decortation. (the stickers sort of matched what the person was talking about. for "great teacher ones" I used school stickers, for "sixth grade camp was fun" I used camping stickers.) We took some pictures around the school of kids or classrooms or playground. The book turned out ok. (it wasn't my best one but it sure was quick)

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    I just started up scrapbooking yesterday! Drumroll.....Because Im pregnant! and wanted to finish up the photos that are backed up before the baby comes. Last nite I did a gorgeous page with my first ultrasound at 8 weeks..(Im 14 weeks) and started crying...lol (thats all I do these days..lol)
    Anyhow...My favorite albums are from K and Company. What does everyone else like? I also order from Paper Wishes.
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

Congrats, Tallulah, on your soon to be new arrival!
    ~*Tennessee Sweetheart*~

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Congratulations Tallulah.

+ Reply to Thread