+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Scrapbooking

Quote Originally Posted by Aptly_Named
    A question: I want to scan some of my 12x12 pages - how do I do it (being that the scanner bed is too narrow)?

Any suggestions?
    Let me get back to you on that, a woman on the AOL message board about scrapbooking had a post explaining how to do that, it's called stitching. Let me find that and read it over and if need be send it to you.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Thanks, I'd appreciate it!

http://www.ukscrappers.co.uk/personal/stitch/

Hope this helps, I read it...but I don't have the program they talk about. But I can keep looking around.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Are these spots becoming? chompstick's Avatar
    Can anyone recommend a good album brand that you like? I don't do Creative Memories. I'd like a good, attractive, not overly expensive, but not too plain post bound, top load album. I currently have my completed pages in sticker organizer binder.
    I support the right to arm bears.

I have Pioneer books and I really like them. Post bound, top loading. They are kind of plain.

Are these spots becoming? chompstick's Avatar
    I saw some pioneer mulberry paper covered albums that were beautiful, but it looked like 12 x 12 paper would have to be trimmed. Does yours fit?
    I support the right to arm bears.

I have to trim off about 1/4 to 1/2 inch of 12 x 12 paper on the sides to insert to the sleeves.

Well I spent from Friday night at about 6pm to Saterday at midnight scrapbooking (ok, I also slept about 5 hours, child wrangled for awhile, went out for chinese and chatted alot. But it was mainly all scrapbooking all the time. It was a creative memories crop, luckily the people throwing it weren't hard core because they didn't say a word about some of my non creative memory stuff. I learned some new tricks, saw lots a things I want to buy, my husband bought me a cup holder and realisea now that although he thinks I own alot of stuff...I own almost nothing compared to most of the women at this crop.

I'm still the slowest cropper in the world. I had 3 people explain power planning...power plotting, whatever too me. Shoot, I can look at 4 pictures for an hour just trying to figure out what color page I want with them. I did get some great ideas for borders however and did 3 neat ones (if I say so myself)

Any one doing some scrapbooking lately??? Or is there just to much TV to watch lately?

i make scrapbooks, but i haven't done it in a while lol....i did do one for a xmas present for my great aunt...but i still have so many pictures that i wanted to make a scrapbook from and i'm not anywhere near done...hopefully when my class next week i can spend more time on it

i've seen some scrapbooks people have done that are so creative...that's not me lol...i like having colorful paper/stickers...but that's about all i use....i use markers to date stuff etc....in fact, i got into scrapbooking after going into a scrapbook store with a friend about 5 years ago...this one scrapbook store is totally cool...i just loved all the cute paper

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    I love it too. Since I'm in Utah - it's practically required here. (we're a tame bunch) In fact, I believe most suppies are made right here in Utah.

I have made a scrapbook for each of my girls beginning at the time they each got married. I own every scrapbooking doo-dad known to woman. Every pattern of scissors, hundreds of stamps (both rubber and sponge), punches, die cuts, markers and pens, borders, etc. I can't even begin to count how much moolah I've spent on paper. My latest endeavor is embossing. I made a lighted board for templates and I also use the embossing powder.

One of my favorites was using the pics from the cameras set out on the tables for random pix at Jessica's wedding - I got some great impromtu pictures, including pictures of most of the guests, which the professional photographer wasn't able to get. Of course I got a self-portrait of the groom's behind, but what the hey, he's still a cutie. Another thing I liked was taking color copies of each page so as to have two copies. (I used the 8 1/2 x 11 - I didn't know there was a 12x12 paper protector.)

Now Jess has taken up where I left off. She goes every Friday night, and she tells me that they have parties sort of like Tupperware parties. Just tonight I packed a box of supplies to send to her.

Thanks for putting up with my ramblings.
    Last edited by J.D.; 05-03-2004 at 06:30 AM.

+ Reply to Thread