+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Scrapbooking

FORT Fogey
    run nlmcp run to those shops , it is a good time to do it! I bet that shop has all night and weekend crops. It is a good time to get holiday stuff too they are probably putting it on sale now. I get some and put it aside for later! Have fun!
    Great ideas and tips maybeth!

I do a different kind of scrapbooking then you guys. I have many scrapbooks with magazine photos of all the stars I like compiled all together. I am unable to throw away a hot pic of Tim McGraw for example so that's what I do. 29 years oold and my husband's 31 and we still love doing that, along with concert stubs too.

It would be a great idea to do that with pictures too seeing we have atleast 30 photo albums of 500 pictures! Can anyone tell we like taking pics?~lol Our daughter is 2 and we have atleast 1000 pics of her, if not more and our son is 7 months and last I checked I was at around 350 pics. Is that bad?

ohmygoodnessthere'sascrapbooki ngthread!!!!!

I started scrapbooking last year - but I was making cards etc. before I got into it. I just started 12 x 12 layouts, and I probably don't have enough to fill an album with both sizes combined, but I love it. I spend way too much money on it, too. I actually was off work for three months (Nov - Mar) and as a get well gift my coworkers gave me 200.00 in gift certificates to a local scrapbooking store. Needless to say, the money is gone, but I had a great time spending it!

It's fun to spend the money, I have a ton of paper, I'm hooked on buying the paper. I see a pretty shade or pattern and I have to get it.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Are these spots becoming? chompstick's Avatar
    I've made an art form out of buying scrapbooking supplies and then not taking the time to actually scrapbook. But I've got really nice supplies!! That gift certificate would have been heaaven to me.
    I support the right to arm bears.

I love to read this thread and all the creative ideas people have. Chompstick, I am with you. I sometimes buy pretty papers, stamps and such stuff, but I never get to the act of making that first page... Same thing with me and fabric. I have tons of quilting fabric, can't resist getting more, and I have only made two small quilts so far. One thing I'd like to do is make a "scrapbook quilt", but photos there, and make it kind of a crazy quilt. But I do not know if I ever get to it.

I really want to scrapbook though, I even used to do kind of like scrapbook photoalbums 10+ years ago. Not nearly as decorated as scrapbooks are today, but it is so fun to look back at those albums. Maybe this spring break I'll start, I have a whole week to spend organizing pictures.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by chompstick
    I've made an art form out of buying scrapbooking supplies and then not taking the time to actually scrapbook. But I've got really nice supplies!! That gift certificate would have been heaaven to me.
    I thought I was the only one who did that, chompie. Somehow I feel better.

I have lots of supplies, lots of neat things to store them in, and not enough time to use them. But I'm a slow scrapbooker. Am I the only one who agonizes over a single page for hours? I need to learn how to simplify and scrap faster.

Are these spots becoming? chompstick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aptly_Named
    Am I the only one who agonizes over a single page for hours?
    Hours??? How about days?
    I support the right to arm bears.

I started a page once - did the title (cut it out of pictures and mounted them) - and finished the page about 8 months later. I figure that at that rate, I should have all my pictures scrapbooked by the time I'm 250 years old...

A question: I want to scan some of my 12x12 pages - how do I do it (being that the scanner bed is too narrow)?

Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Aptly_Named
    But I'm a slow scrapbooker. Am I the only one who agonizes over a single page for hours? I need to learn how to simplify and scrap faster.
    I can take forever on a page. I had one, laid it all out, cut the pictures. Then kept looking at it for 4 or 5 months, finally figured out what I wanted to do.

But even for a very simple page, I can take hours. Most of my pages tend to be very simple. I'm planning on taking a class to learn some other techiques for using fibers and other things. I'm just slow, I figure if I'm almost done before I'm dead, I'll be doing ok.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

+ Reply to Thread