+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Scrapbooking

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    OMG you're barking up my tree! I have 4 12x12 albums complete and am currently on my 5th. Did a 8x11 for my Mom for Christmas.

I subscribe to Ivy Cottage Creations, PaperKuts, Scrapbooks, Etc. I read Memory Makers and Creating Keepsakes.

I have SO much stuff and the new Making Memories line is really awesome. I could talk about it for hours

I use a Creative memories album, but that's all I really use of their product line

I use Hermafix for adhesives and love the Paper Bliss line as well as the Making Memories line for embellishments.

Here in NY, there's not many scrapbook stores. I usually get most of my stuff at AC Moore (craft store, like a Michael's, only better) or online. I have a small area set up in my spare room with an art table and all of my stuff.

I also go to SDV's http://www.dreameventsinc.com which is a weekend away where you crop all weekend. Last year I slept 6 hours in 3 days.

I love the hobby but do spend a fortune on it! However, the finished product is great.

My philosophy is not about getting pictures into albums for memories, although that's a great benefit and end result. I do it for the hobby because it's really my only hobby (besides the FoRT, of course ) and love to spend hours tinkering on one page.

Oh my, I'm rambling, but I LOVE the hobby and would be glad to discuss stuff via PM if anyone is interested!!

MB

FORT Fogey
    I love it too it can get expensive especially w/all the new great stuff out now. We have some great stores here and one lets you come in for the all nighter crops and you an use their stuff and share w/others they have a huge room w/tables and stuff.

We also have an outlet where I get basic paper and some dye cuts and stickers a few other things when they come in randomly.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    This will probably tarnish my bad-girl image I've worked so hard on - I love to scrapbook. I make them for every person and every occasion - and have spent a fortune on supplies. Remember: off the record.

Awww, JD's really a sentimental softy at heart!

OW! *after JD hits me over the head with a scrapbook*
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    Awww, JD's really a sentimental softy at heart!

OW! *after JD hits me over the head with a scrapbook*

hey - quicherbichin - at least I put padded covers on my sc***books.
    A softy? I'm actually contemplating using my granddaughter as my next av. Boy would that ever tarnish me!! I'd lose all my credibility.

Well, I use the regular photo albums. Is this considered a capital offense? Anyway, when I get a chance (which is rare), I do add some stickers, cut-outs, and other things like concert ticket stubs, etc. I especially like writing funny comments on the photo caption blurb stickers.

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Cool Wolf!

Marybeth...Oh my gosh all nite scrapbooking thingys???love it!! I do have an amazing store that I go to that is just devoted to scrapbooking...Its call Robins nest.
    I love stickers and metallic pens.. I dont know how to use those brad thingys...Im thinking I might take a class.
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

yeah, i can't scrapbook. i like to believe that i will, will sit down with my stuff, but after about 30 minutes of being bent over the album, my back is burning and in pain! so nope... i just slide my pics in the little pages and let them speak for themselves. but kudos to you guys! i have to agree that scrapbooks look SO much better than just pages of pics.

I have a couple of friends that are into that. They have scrapbooking parties & everything. I'm doing good if I even get my pics into a photo album. I have TONS of photos just sitting in the envelopes still.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I don't think I have the patience to maintain a scrapbook... I'll probably get bored after a while, so I don't have one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast