+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Scrapbooking

Quote Originally Posted by 11sstephanie;2195225;
    Thanks, JLuvs.

A reality TV scrapbook? That sounds awesome! What shows are you including?

Oooh, all this talk of scrapbooks is making me want to start one NOW... but I don't have any supplies. I guess I'll improvise until I can convince my dad that I need to do this. I think he'll really like the idea of a family history one, we all know a ton about how my family came to be in America, and the most valuable possion my aunt has isn't the huge house, or the expensive kitchen, or anything expensive. It's her copy of the Ellis Island documentation that my great-grandparents signed 101 years ago. To get in in a book would mean alot to her I think.
    I am sure that would mean a lot to her.

The reality tv shows one has stuff from all the shows I have been to: tickets, autographs, photographs and all that jazz. I have far too much of that stuff now to just leave it lying around and I don't really want any of it to get damaged.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

We are supposed to complete scrapbooks?

I'm the world's slowest scrapper but but it's fun. You can do the pages rather cheaply. I hand letter, I buy paper on clearance and I buy my books at Joann Fabrics.

I have two books. I guess one is done. I bought a recipe book that I need to start that will have old pictures from family members in it, with their recipes. Plus I'm going to do a book of my old pictures growing up that is going to be a small one. My cousin did a small book of about 16 pages that showed her growing up. It was nice and brief and covered her memories of what her life was like growing up. She noted she left a lot of things out but that she wanted it to be a brief overview and she may do a more extensive book later of things like her senior year in high school or concerts or camp.
    Last edited by nlmcp; 01-06-2007 at 07:51 AM. Reason: forgot to spel check
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Just finished another scrapbook. I decided to do all my concert tickets, sporting events, Broadway shows, movie tickets and reality stuff in a series of scrapbooks. The one I just finished had all the movie, sports, concerts and Broadway stuff in it.

As there is no work, due to holiday tomorrow, I might start the reality tv part tomorrow --- though it will be in a new album.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Re: Scrapbooking

Have any of you scrappers purchased a Cricut?

I'm in LOVE!!! I only have 2 cartridges and I've only owned it for one day and already I wonder how I scrapped without it!!!

Definitely worth it - I got it for $139 (originally $299!!) at Michael's and got a cartridge from ebay. YAHOOEY

^ I haven't. I scrap all the time, I prefer to do most of it by hand... If I get more clients for my business though, I may have to. My personal scrapbooks aren't too many pictures, I like it that way. I did a few scrapbooks for preschools and a CriCut would have been nice!

Here's my portfolio if anyone wants to take a look...

Sassy Scrapbooking | Creative - Innovative - Collective [Are links like this allowed? If not, tell me and I'll take it off ASAP!!]
    Last edited by RealityDiva; 05-04-2007 at 06:13 PM.
    Currently Loving: Mystery from The Pickup Artist
    Currently Excited About: The modeling competition that I'm in! Wish me luck, guys...
    *Runner Up in the Kyle XY Caption Contest! Whoo!*

Love your scrapbook pages Reality Diva. I don't really use any scrap booking tools other than my cropper, corner, writing stencils and page layout stencils. I tend to be very basic
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;2368825;
    Love your scrapbook pages Reality Diva. I don't really use any scrap booking tools other than my cropper, corner, writing stencils and page layout stencils. I tend to be very basic

Aww, thank you, that means so much to me!

As far as my favorite tools go, I am in love with those Jolee's Boutique sticker sets. I use them constantly! They're a bit expensive, but I'm not the budget kind of gal... Gets me into trouble sometimes!

Oh, and I noticed there was some previous discussion on how much people spend on their books, and I spend at least $100 dollars on supplies, including albums. I go all out for my books - Letter stickers, quote packs, embellishments, die-cuts, sharpie thin tips [my favorite!]... Yeah, I spend a lot of money, but man, it is worth it!
    Currently Excited About: The modeling competition that I'm in! Wish me luck, guys...

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

RealityDiva, I checked out your link to your scrapbooking page (even left you a comment! ).....Great job...my fave is the Spring Break!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Very nice Reality Diva.

I need to get back into scrapping, I like doing it it's just setting up and doing it. I need to set up some area in the basement that is cat free to work. (yeah right, there is no place in this house that is cat free)

Marybeth I'm not even sure what a criscut is, what does it do???
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

RealityDiva, I checked out your link to your scrapbooking page (even left you a comment! ).....Great job...my fave is the Spring Break!
    Thanks so much, I really appreciate it.

Very nice Reality Diva.

I need to get back into scrapping, I like doing it it's just setting up and doing it. I need to set up some area in the basement that is cat free to work. (yeah right, there is no place in this house that is cat free)
    Oh, I know the problem. I have to work in my dining room so no sticky fingers or little children will run in there and mess up what I'm doing. I used to scrapbook in my bedroom, but I have carpets and that uneven texture of the floor just got to be annoying.

+ Reply to Thread